compressors and eq's

Gandy

so im slowly getting my head around FL Studio and im working on my first remix, ive jsut bought NI Massive and loving how feature rich it is, and how awesome the presets are for even a green thumb like me, which leads me to the next important things in regards to production, compressors and eq's, can anyone recoomend a solid compressor/eq to look into, or are the Fruity Limiter and Fruity Parametric EQ2 solid enough to use?

cheers

Haven't had much experience with Fruity plugs, but I'm sure they should suffice for now cause most after market EQs and compressors are more or less gonna do the same thing, I still rock Live's in the box plugs and they do me fine, only thing I've bought is a Sugarbytes WOW filter.

But if you have your heart set on somethin that looks fancy, check of FabFilter's plug ins, not too familiar with their compressor but the EQs are great. Don't really have any compressor recommendations other than Waves, cause I don't really use compression very much.

Fruity Parametric EQ 2 is great! I use that on everything. Its really nice to be able to see the spectrum when youre EQing and I have even used it for filter automation a ton. Fruity limiter seems pretty solid too, Ive been able to get some really clean sidechains with it. For compression also, try messing with Maximus. I only have it as a demo but its pretty sweet and it also powers Soundgoodizer (free in FL) which can add a lot of power to your sound.

I know I sound like an Image-Line rep here but Ive had really good times with all of those

• 2 weeks later...

pretty much what the other guys said. enevitable the stuff in your DAW is going to go what anything else does if you use it right (i mean some purchased thing may do a clearer job, but i doubt it would be an amazing diffrence) when i was on FL the para EQ was fine for me, at that time though i had more idea how to play a piano master peice then to know what the fuck a compressor did, so i never used it

• 2 weeks later...

good to see everyone else is on Parametric EQ2 ascwell :)

I don't get much use out of Fruity Limiter but Fruity Compressor is sometimes used on individual channels that need some boost with Maximus usually on my master.

The only third party plug-ins i have is Kore Player and some Spectrum Analyzers...

Big fan of the Image-Line products :)

I currently use sonalksis eq's and compressors sometimes i'll use wave's puig. i know a few engineer's that use oxford stuff seems to be the goods.

but like people have said nothing wrong with any of the native gear, i'm not familiar with FL's stuff but i still use ableton's stocko gear a fair bit