newbie help with syncing and beat making

nqcowboy87

ive recently been making a few songs/remixes after years of mucking around. i have no problem with melody as i play guitar and just transpsoe my knowledge of scales/chords/notes to the midi keyboard. i am however having trouble with making beats. im using garageband (i know its not everyones favourite but its siple and is capable of a lot more than people give it credit for, plus ive been using it since it came out and i feel loyal to it) and creating beats is kind of a bug bare. also syncing vocals is kinda difficult. i would like t know how you change the speed of say a drumline like those snare hits that ascend in speed and lead into the chorus

http://soundcloud.com/lorduechtritz/my-song-6-2

just a remix of bobd by green day. im probably gonna go with a different synth for the melody line with maybe some ol square wave tremolo or maybe even something entirely different to that.

i also realise mixing sounds together on a software program isnt real dj'ing in case i offend some hardcore djs out there (like my cousin)

yo nqcowboy87 nice first post. Throw an intro up for us all :) in an intro thread bro viewforum.php?f=5 & other Q's and queries else where :thumright:

aint nothing wrong with garageband, had a fun crack on an iPad the other day.

i also realise mixing sounds together on a software program isnt real dj'ing in case i offend some hardcore djs out there (like my cousin)

well there are people that dj and those whom mix in software (or both on this site). its all fair in love n' war. as long as its what you like to do mate :thumright:

If not have you tried looking around on youtube at some tutorials? on beat making?

if you search 'beatmaking in garageband' on youtube there are plenty of video's there to check out.

this^

you tube is fantastic for tutorials, o lot of the stuff ive learnt in logic has come straight from youtube