Music Theory and Keyboard Tutorials

Mitch

So i should be picking my keyboard (might also get my old guitar while i'm back there) up from my parents this weekend. It supports midi, so i intend on using it with logic/ableton when i get enough $$ together to get a faster computer and the software.

The intent is to get into EDM production. What I feel I need to do first:

-Brush up on my music theory and keyboard skills before i even look at writing tunes

I did once upon a time play keyboard and guitar but both many years ago and i've pretty well forgotten alot of it. So what i'm looking for:

-Some links to sites/books/etc. that I can use to reteach and improve on my music theory

-^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that I can use to reteach and improve on my keyboard skills

This is what I feel like I need to do first before i even contemplate delving into production. if you think i'm wrong feel free to steer me in a better direction. Or if you think the advice i'm after is the right advice, if you could help me out that would be awesome too :)

Cheers everyone, love you all

*tunez*

think our superstar producers will be able to chime in.

i found when i started mucking around with remixing it sort of just came back to me, even after not touching piano since grade 7. Specailly when i was looking at all the stems of the song, it was sort of like "oh that makes sense"

wish i still had all my theory exams for piano, was doing some pretty full on shit for a 12 yr old lol

so my advise is just download a couple of stem packs of songs, put them all together in your daw and just analyse how/why they are structured, also most of the daws should come with at least a couple of premade originals, look at the structure and analyse how and why.

no links off top of my head sorry, already having a background i dont think you will need to do much refreshing

i learn where the C key was, the white key to the left of the 2 black sharp keys if i remember correctly, and i used to work chords/notes out from going C D E F etc etc up from there lol

i was never good at pjanooericprydz.mp3 though

For those interested i now have logic, and also picked up my keyboard.

time to start learning all the things.

Tomy, that last piano theory website looks like a good start, even reading the first few chapters its starting to come back to me :)