cheaper upgrade for Traktor to Traktor 2

eggssell

all upgrades to traktor 2 from traktor includint traktor scratch is now less than fitty bucks, from NI site.

not that i need any of the new features but im thinking for $45 i better upgrade. especially since chances are they will stop upgrading old traktor users.

at sametime im shitting myself whenever i upgrade traktor. hows the latest version traktor 2 anywho

Yeah was reading about 2.5. Not much ill really use anyways. I still just use traktor as a crate. I dont even use effects or loops on version 1.

But yeah may as well future proof.

I guess i was asking more about stability of the latest version of traktor 2

Ah okay well yeah i think it would be more stable because it is newer.

Who knows you may end up buying yourself an f1 its good to have the option of expanding your setup i think :)

Ive still got my mpd with its awesome mapping ....

on paper :teef:

so yeah i think i can live without the F1. Im still old school, i even load samples onto decks and play it with the timecode vinyl

As long as you don't have any gigs within a year of upgrading your fine :teef:

When I used to run traktor 1 I think it worked out that every 2nd or 3rd release was the stable version, in the end I just stayed on a stable version and never updated

Not sure what the history of traktor 2 is like though

• 2 weeks later...

I mostly use traktor as just a timecode system now, but will prbably upgrade whilst it's on offer.

Anyone know whether maps from traktor por 1 work in 2? I'd hate to have to map from scracth again. Also, what's it like on cpu? I'm running on a pretty basic laptop that does nothing else. Got it free from work when they upgraded, which gives you an idea how basic it is.

oh yeah never thought of that. im on an old laptop too about six years or more old.

played around with tsp2 today. looks fancy still dont really know what all the different colors are, and that little bar above the wave forms going back and forth.

but yeah ill prob upgrade while its on offer.