Kaoss Pad KP3 plugged into computer, now what?

Cupe

cupe check this link. its a bit jibberish to me as i havent really used a kaoss pad. but this post seemed to be the money

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=13975

You can in fact use the kp3's effects as well as use it as a midi controller in a single dj set seamlessly, meaning: go back and forth between internal & midi mode without having to switch wires or have any audio disturbances - & that's why you can't midi-map things like the kp3's volume knob.

when you want to switch your KP3 to midi-controller mode hit shift+8 (audio is undisturbed, and still passes threw the kp3 as normal)

to switch it back to use the kp3's internal effects again *I believe you hit just hit [shift], *ill post how for sure when I get home*

&like I said you can jump around modes, to utilize all effects available on one unit (software & hardware!)

here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11073 I've also posted links and directions to upgrading the kp3's firmware which you may need to do to get my mapping to get the x-y pad to control traktors effects (also make sure that effects unit one is set to Chained)

I also mapped it so long ago, I probably need to remap it to Traktors latest version. - when I get home ill remap that and post it for you. *also ill find out what exactly you hit to go back for midi to internal mode.

Another thing, download the latest version of the kp3 software editor and you can edit the settings to really personalize your KP3 (for example with your name in it's LED's) or even switch the X-Y pad into to a 8 channel touch screen midi-controller for producing!

If you guys want ill go all out and make a video tutorial & even post a bunch of KP3 TSI's to fit everyones' steezes. take cares - Stephen Alois