AIAIAI TMA-1 (Beatport Edition)

andyman

What do you guys think of these?

38_7d94dd49be.jpg

PRE-ORDER: SHIPPING IN LATE AUGUST

The latest version of the acclaimed TMA-1 DJ headphones from AIAIAI is the TMA-1 Beatport edition. For this special edition, AIAIAI collaborated with one of the world's most innovative music services who have established themselves as the dynamic go-to for electronic music fans everywhere. The limited edition Beatport headphones feature striking green details and comes with a five dollar voucher ensuring immediate access to Beatport’s vast array of artists.

Designed by KiBiSi.

Specs

Transducer Principle

Dynamic, closed

Driver Unit Size

40 mm

Impedance

32±15% Ohm

Load Rating

0.1W

Frequency Response

20 to 20.000 Hz

Total Harmonic Distortion

<0.3%

Sensitivity

110±3dB Weight w/o

Weight without cable

190 Gram

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1-beatport

• 4 months later...

I have the TMA-1's, HD-25's and Pioneer HDJ-2000

2000's are easily the most comfortable around the ears, they are a bit heavy though. I leave these at home to use on the comp for music/gaming sessions.

HD-25's are the easiest to carry around and are the lightest, they also provide very good isolation but sometimes can get a bit uncomfortable with the clamping force. The portability and durability of these cans make them the ones I bring to my gigs/sets.

TMA-1's, a bit bigger/heavier/bulkier than the HD-25's but not as much as the 2000's. Easiest to drive and so I keep these in my work bag and use them on the train and at work.

Sound wise, all 3 are pretty damn good. On a comp/mp3 player/mobile phone the TMA-1's sound the best (easiest to drive). Through a proper mixer, in a club environment the HD-25's provide the punchiest bass and handled louder volumes the best. Pioneer lacked bass the most and couldn't handle higher volumes as the other two, but it doesn't mean it's a bad headphone - just not up to par with the other two.