New equipment !!

Bezerk

Hey , I'm thinking off buying some dj equipment ...

But not to sure on what to get , I'm not sure wether I

Want old equipment as I would probably have to upgrade anyway..

I'm looking at spending about $800-$1000 and was just

Wanting to know if anyone could lead me

To something decent !! ...

Cheers !

decks or controller is the question

you could easily pick up a T1--similar to the cd's for well in that pricerange

alot of performers also use the S4 allows for a different dimension of live performance

Controllers are a good way to go for first gear

unfortunately with that price range u will be quite outdated. would be looking at 2nd rate equipment or something like cdj 800's (still good equipment but just quite outdated)

i think for that sort of money a controller is really the only option. (which isnt actually a bad thing.)

Yeah, if you're planning to get into clubs id save up a little extra dosh and get some cdj350's.

They hold value perfectly, so if you don't like it after all you can easily sell for the same price.

They support rekord box, and can be used with traktor.

Everything you need, they have bpm lock to help you learn to beat match in steps better too!

They really are quality little units.

Buying DJ kit is like buying a car. Everyone will tell you what they think is best but you really need to test drive as many as possible to decide for yourself.

I suggest you try and get to have a go on as many DJ setups as you can; these may be at mates, in pubs, clubs, bars, or in shops. Try and find out what is comfortable, ergonomic and intuitive to use for you. Then cross reference which units you like by using google to research build quality, reputation and price.

Never buy on impulse.

That said IMO if I was in your shoes I would consider between 2 paths:

1) Buy something 2nd hand and outdated but that has a proven and reliable track record. (like cdj800s). This way if you want to sell later on they will still have some value. If you buy a new unit for the same price it may just be junk by the time you want to sell it.

2) If you have a good computer and most of your music is already stored on hard drive do consider a controller. They are a rapidly developing part of the industry and you get a lot more for your money because they dont need all the processing power of normal CDJs (they use your computers CPU). The main consideration with controllers is if your computer can handle the software smoothly but this can be researched by checking the technical requirements for each bit of software on google.

Buying DJ kit is like buying a car. Everyone will tell you what they think is best but you really need to test drive as many as possible to decide for yourself.

I suggest you try and get to have a go on as many DJ setups as you can; these may be at mates, in pubs, clubs, bars, or in shops. Try and find out what is comfortable, ergonomic and intuitive to use for you. Then cross reference which units you like by using google to research build quality, reputation and price.

Never buy on impulse.

1) Buy something 2nd hand and outdated but that has a proven and reliable track record. (like cdj800s). This way if you want to sell later on they will still have some value. If you buy a new unit for the same price it may just be junk by the time you want to sell it.

2) If you have a good computer and most of your music is already stored on hard drive do consider a controller. They are a rapidly developing part of the industry and you get a lot more for your money because they dont need all the processing power of normal CDJs (they use your computers CPU). The main consideration with controllers is if your computer can handle the software smoothly but this can be researched by checking the technical requirements for each bit of software on google.

Great post, consider mobility of anything you get and where you are going to store it or have it set up, a big cdj and mixer setup might not be feasible.

Really can't beat controllers to get into djing though, so many options on various price levels.

Never buy on impulse.

Great post, consider mobility of anything you get and where you are going to store it or have it set up, a big cdj and mixer setup might not be feasible.

Really can't beat controllers to get into djing though, so many options on various price levels.

Get a cheap and nasty $200 controller like the bcd3000, mixtrack pro, hercules rmx.

Make sure it has a build in sound card.

If you like djing, then you will eventually outgrow it.

If it turns out its not for you then at least you didn't sink $1000+ into gear