Live Funk and Soul Mix

overit

Live set done at one of my residencies. This is during the warm up hour while the band are setting up.

Chunks of Northern Soul, Funk Rock, Carchase funk, Funky Disco and Ghetto Funk/Funky Beats. Anyone who listened to my last sumbeats mix will recognise a few tracks but other than those few none of the songs on here are quantised/produced in the modern way.

It aint what you'll normally hear on here and i couldnt think of a better thread for it... but it moved the crowd and got me paid so fuck up whales. Educate yersen.

nek minit = 0 listens ;)

edit Mitch: fixed mixcloud tags

^cheers eggs, wondered if you'd be up for that slice of MJ disco funk.

that bustapella is already on that track, it's a soundcloud mashup i found. Will find and link if you want?

But not sure what you mean about trainwrekcing a fade out transition?

notsureifsrs.jpeg?

That first transition was a fade out, silence/pause, next track - done only because I had a drummer need me to get out of the way while he loaded his kit on stage!

heaps serious. not sure if i meant first transition. but early on when you went from one track to the other it was quick yet simple outro to intro, where one track begins fading out.

used a lot when mixing rock, funk, "live" music.

ill reliaten and pin point.

and yeh link for that busta mash would be good

ahk, if you bovvered let me know and i'll tell you how i did or if it was just a simple cut. if was a simple cut then the mix is exactly that, simple cut. What makes it work is the choice of songs much more than the technique.

and here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/srdefunk/shake_on_me_free_download

free dl still open but do the right thing and share some love on his page innit bro :)