cdj 900 vs cdj 850

overit

I didn't feel the jog to be an issue. Although I've only used it in comparison to 1000s /2000s. Doesn't feel that different IMO.

Other diffetrnces:

-link: can connect 1 USB and access it from both decks or connect a laptop with rekordbox as track screen

-screen: tilted and larger

-slip mode: in vinyl mode, song keeps playing underneath when your scratching / touching platter, so it doesn't fall out of time

-quantised looping - snaps your loops to nearest beat to help keep them in time

-900 has a HID mapping for traktor and serato. The 850 has HID but only serato mapping atm

-not sure what the 900 is like but the pitch fader on the 2000 has less friction you could say

-you can use wide pitch adjust mode in All modes on the 900. The 850 only allows you to do it in cd (and midi I guess) mode

Even with all that though I have 3 850s and are extremely happy with them

If you have the money go 2000s lol so much better than either.

I think the overall build quality of both the 850 and 900 are lower than 800/1000s.

Oh one thing that annoyed with the 850 was how loose its scrolling knob is, i play on usb so i need to get through lots of playlists, i also found the 850 to lag whilst searching through larger playlists, so ad those together and getting a song quickly can be a pain.

Pitch faders are the same quite crap actually, 2000 is much nicer.

But i found the jog alot lighter than the 900.

hmmmm.

It's not me buying, one of my employers wants to update their equipment in the new year.

2000s def not an option.

850's look like winning for their purposes. Cheers Mitch :thumleft:

As usual I'll do a review of whatever I get given to use... Dont hold yer breath tho, the employer is a govt dept and so plans take a long time between concept and realisation.

thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...