How do I work the microphone on a DJM800

odysseyhouse

c6Xfy.jpg

You can either plug in using a TLS connection (Mic 1) or 1/4 Jack (mic 2) Both connections are top left, outlined in the red box

in the green box is the volume for each mic

In the blue box is the EQ (high and low) for each

In the pink box is the switch to turn mic on and off

The mic doesn't have a level meter in itself, but you will hear output to the master out and record out when the mic switch is on & the mic level is up enough

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

a tip:

notice the mic (control in purple on mitches picture) has "on" and "off" but also has "talk over" position.

The talk over feature is actually pretty brutal and i always find it better to use it in "on" position and adjust my volume levels to achieve the best sound.

Cut some low/bass on the mic eq (in blue on mitches picture) to avoid your voice clashing with the tunes.

a tip:

notice the mic (control in purple on mitches picture) has "on" and "off" but also has "talk over" position.

The talk over feature is actually pretty brutal and i always find it better to use it in "on" position and adjust my volume levels to achieve the best sound.

Cut some low/bass on the mic eq (in blue on mitches picture) to avoid your voice clashing with the tunes.

I also follow a similar technique when using the mic live. Wise

Just for the heck of it...

Mic cables contain three wires, hence the three pins on an XLR cable. Mic cables with a jack also have three wires but instead of different pins on the connector, they are wired to different parts of the jack. In the case of a 'TRS' cable its the Tip, Ring and Sleeve hance the name.