Drum machines/VST's

Gandy

any of the pros have a favourite? Im leaning toward NI's ABBEY ROAD | MODERN DRUMMER (http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... n-drummer/), have been really happy with Massive so im thinking they are probably on point with their drum VST?

as a follow on from my beginner post, the very basic/standard drum vst's i have been using are a little lacking, i dont mind saving up a bit of coin to drop some cash on a decent drum plugin that i wont need to replace

once again, cheers!

also hardware wise, should i be looking at adding a drum pad? i can fire up fl studio mobile as it has some basic drum pad functionality but its not very flexible, again, what do you pros use?

i dont need it to be anything over the top at the moment, i dont have any percussion experience, just the ones that come with FL studio are pretty basic.

probably just after a kit that has all the drum set would have in real life, maybe bundled with some samples/loops etc for idea's

Ive always used actual samples for my percussion?

I'm more into writing my own that way I can do what I want creativeness wise, also more flexibility

I think he means actual samples of each drum ie snare, kick etc

this is what i do too

Have never tried a drum vst, although my NI Maschine does come with quite a few

NI battery always worked for me.

Although since ableton suite I use drum rack more.

Either works on a matrix arrangement visually so you can see all your sounds/samples and set individual envelopes etc then assign any pad or midi control to trigger that sample.

I dont do much since I had to sell my MPC2000 though :(

Ive always used actual samples for my percussion?

I'm more into writing my own that way I can do what I want creativeness wise, also more flexibility

I think he means actual samples of each drum ie snare, kick etc

this is what i do too

Have never tried a drum vst, although my NI Maschine does come with quite a few

Yeah exactly individual kick, snare, hi hat samples, plenty of quality in vengeance packs.