What is the best beginners turntable / mix set up?

Jaytee

the turntable in the vid are Stanton ST8 150

the ST150 are OEM turntable

others OEM TT are AA HDT 4.5

Two AA hdt 4.5 can be picked up cheep on E-BAY

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-American-audio ... 3a549cf3a6

the OEM are better than 1200

for time code Vinly / C.d's and MIDI

you dont need SL3....

if your looking at turntables & some CDJ 400

have a look at mixvibes CROSS

works good with turntables with time code vinly

and with the CDJ 400 as a HID midi

& the Cross pac ( 2 time code vinly & 2 time code C.D's , the software & the ASIO sound card) is about half the price off S.S.L

i heard the technics 1200 mk2 or something were industry standard. i saw a cheap pair in sydney go for 300 i think. but they were pretty battered up

yes ....the 1200 mk2 is the industry standard

why .....because club & bar owner are cheep

thay dont want to put other turntables in there clubs if thay dont know how long thay are going to last

whear the 1200's have been proven to go for every....so thay save $$$$

Industry standard don't mean better...it just means that the industry uses it more

to me the best Turntable is the Vestax PDX3000 MIX or even better ( if you can find one ) the vestax control one... ( I would sale one off my Kids for a control one ) ......check out this Vid off Dj Woody on the C-ONE

i guess. but 1200's are fairly priced. too :) haha and they are pretty tuff :)

no............ new 1200 have never been Fairly priced

the first 1200 I got 18 years ago was a fair price

because there was no other turntable out at the time

but now every D.J gear manufacture make good turntables for cheeper than the 1200's......its only the TEC 1200 fanboy that are keeping the price

so high

the 1200's were the standard for so long as they had a patent on the motor design and nothing esle came close. that patent ran out a few years ago so other decks jumped on the design.

the AA's are great decks to play on, cannot comment on the longevity though, the friend who had them moved o/s and sold them, but I did prefer them to my 1200 mk2's.

that said, it's not uncommon to find 1200's 10, 20 or more years old sitll running just fine.

i've seen a few good deals on the aa4.5's for about $400, you won't find 1200's in that range, more likely $800+ for a pair

Ive got the american audio htd4.5 turntables working with serato SL3 and they work a treat,

but you will need some decent slipmatts cause the motor is quite strong,

Ive just sold my vestax PDX2000's and they were great and ive had technic 1200s as well ,

All of these decks are great just look for a bargain and grab it

i got stanton st150's..

they are awesome, though my experience is on a belt driven marantz, rental equips which i cant remember and 1210 mk2's at record stores (but you're not meant to mess about with em and not mixing).

the stanton's start and stop is amazing, barely audible.the adjustable pitch up to 50% is good for cross genre mixing or just messing it right up. never tried the key lock thing.

the box and all the descriptions say comes with stanton 680HP's but mine actually came with 680.EV3's which rock...works a treat with traktor.

the st150's arent cheap but if you get on sale ends up being an alright startup (well easier than an over $1K for technics). i watched over 100 items on ebay for a couple of months, only to have 10-12 yr old technics keep going off at 400-500 ea which was more than i wanted to pay.

i think technics are most def tanks, you always here of peepl having them rock for at least 10-15 years. plus i have heard that some people struggle having to play out on 1200's after being a bedroom banger on the high torque machines. any of you pro's found this? or is it an urban myth to scare off cheap azz newbs...

• 1 month later...
i guess. but 1200's are fairly priced. too :) haha and they are pretty tuff :)

no............ new 1200 have never been Fairly priced

the first 1200 I got 18 years ago was a fair price

because there was no other turntable out at the time

but now every D.J gear manufacture make good turntables for cheeper than the 1200's......its only the TEC 1200 fanboy that are keeping the price

so high

werd to that

totally agree

• 2 weeks later...