Keeping your music managed with PN, MIK, iTunes & Rekordbox

Mitch

Dope as fuck Mitch! Props man +rep. Good writeup, I've been looking for a new way to sort things myself - Deffers need to get this software sorted etc.

What size USB sticks are you using?

Do you cue point on the fly then import that info back to rekordbox, or are you doing the cue points as part of this process as well?

If you repeat it, $cript it

Saw an awesome quote by one of the higher ups in the ITD @ the uni;

If you need to do it more than once, automate it. If it can't be automated, document it.

Just finished trimming my collection down.. still at over 3000 tracks so got rid of 1500.

Started with artists that I love playing and then divided into genres. After I had an idea of the sound of each genre I put a little description reflecting this for reference.

963887_536891863019399_868936677_o.jpg

This is the most difficult thing ever.

So I scanned my tracks in MIK. Most of the files it's scanned gives me a BPM and KEY. Alot of files that were working before I reset my computer are no longer working and wont even let me add it in Traktor to play it. Also only minimal BPM's are showing. HELP! I don't want to re download all of my music files.

• 7 months later...