QSC Vs Electro Voice

boostedVT

Hi Guys,

I am tossing up between theQSC KW152 Powered PA Speaker and the EV Electro-Voice ELX115P 1000W Powered 2-Way 15" DJ PA Speakers.

I am personally really leaning towards the QSC as they have more bottom end then the EV's.

But anyone else out there who has used either or both of the speakers? Any feedback would be great.

I want to be able to plug my ipod directly into the speaker and just use it for small occasions but would like something that has a decent bottom end.

From what I have herd so far the EV's are good but not as good the QSC's.

most of us here don't take notice becasue in general we are a pod of dj's, producers, and bedroom bangers

there are a few promoters (ktash, scottie from laundry..) and a few sound engineers/ event sound mixers (who may eventually hop in here to help you out)

but yeh in general would not have a lot to do with a venues speaker arrangement

are you looking to go mobile or set up club nights?

unless your room is a warehouse you may not need PA speakers

for many years i just used a ten yr old technics hifi system

eventually i bought PA speakers as i started doing a few parties at halls.

but yeh djing at home for myself or when mates are over they are a bit of an overkill.

and being club standard probably isnt necessary. as their focus is being loud in a particular space, most likely crowded

my two cents anywho

I totally understand what you are saying. And i do agree with you.

However the room i am building is the size of a normal suburban home. Its around 20 squares in total.

And because my property is 10acres i am not fussed about noise.

And just how often will you be standing on the other side of the room with hundreds of people between you and the speakers?

I can hear my 4" Bose cube home theatre speakers on the other side of my house. That's through numerous walls. At about 100w. So I think one set of these speakers should more than suffice. That is unless this is purely a cock measuring thread. In which you if course win.