first setup...

tlax

I am looking for my first set of decks and mixer and while what I really want is a set of pioneer cdj-1000mk3's with a djm 600 or higher mixer I don't think i have either the money or the skill level to justify investing in this level of gear yet...

My main option right now is JB hifi is having a pioneer end of clearance sale

which would give me

2 x cdj350

1 x djm 250

and a pioneer roadcase for the lot

for just over $850

what does the forum think, would this be a good starting point...?

I am looking for my first set of decks and mixer and while what I really want is a set of pioneer cdj-1000mk3's with a djm 600 or higher mixer I don't think i have either the money or the skill level to justify investing in this level of gear yet...

My main option right now is JB hifi is having a pioneer end of clearance sale

which would give me

2 x cdj350

1 x djm 250

and a pioneer roadcase for the lot

for just over $850

what does the forum think, would this be a good starting point...?

1000 mk3's are abit outdated, id deffs recommend the 350's setup more purely for the rekordbox usb support.

CDJ's are great, and that price is wicked. Controllers like the mixtrack pro 1 are a great cheap way to get started though.

$850 for a cdj setup is cheap. My only real beef with the 350s is he screen is quite small to browse when using USB. You only get 1 line at a time showing up which makes it slow to browse through playlists. However it's fine to use CDs, especially when starting out.

Also remember you'll need to factor some headphones and speakers into your budget.

Have you thought about what headphones you want?

I haven't looked at headphones yet, I already have a pair of beats which I was planning to use to start with as for speakers I am set for the moment as I have three sound systems in the house which I am able to choose from...

i wouldnt say that it matters that the 1000's are out of date they are much better experience for the club scene

i remember wanting to get cdj 350's for my first set up i ended up with traktor s4's and now with pioneer 800 set up i can say get something that takes cds so in your case yes the 350's do have cd players and is a good setup for a good price i think you should go for that as $800 is a great price for a first setup.

just another suggestion though im not to sure about these but there is no harm in taking a look :)http://www.jbhifi.com.au/pro-dj/pioneer ... ku-999991/

i wouldnt say that it matters that the 1000's are out of date they are much better experience for the club scene

i remember wanting to get cdj 350's for my first set up i ended up with traktor s4's and now with pioneer 800 set up i can say get something that takes cds so in your case yes the 350's do have cd players and is a good setup for a good price i think you should go for that as $800 is a great price for a first setup.

just another suggestion though im not to sure about these but there is no harm in taking a look :)http://www.jbhifi.com.au/pro-dj/pioneer ... ku-999991/

Thanks for all the advice guys... after a few days spent tracking down what may be the very last of the pioneer deals in aus I am looking at having them in front of me by mid next week...