What up from Brisbane

Hoops14

hey guys,

I just bought my first gear (2x stanton t60 turntables and a stanton M212 mixer) so im still learnign all the basics and that sort of thing. im into Hip Hop and Club music and cant wait ot get my hands on some Hip Hop vinyls!

Hopefully some of the people here can help answer some questions!

Alex

hey man. welcome.

the hip hop front gets a bit quiet here...he he. but there are a few of us that are down (and many more closet fans im sure!!)

ive been meaning to start writing reviews, or track of the week thing but never got around to it cuz i buy heaps of tunes a week (latest was chasm & vida sunshyne). maybe in my holidays.

but yeah the fellas are always willing to help and or comment.

hip hop still lives man. lots of nu school stuff rips.

dont mistake becoming popular with selling out. im feeling kid cudi (who unfotunately for him was shoved into stardom by that one dance track), kanye jacked his style for 808. wale kills it, check his 9th wonder mixtapes (of course it could be because its got 9th wonder producing).

im loving all the return to boom bap, which beat port is calling club hip hop.

and then there is still heaps coming out that aint popular. i comped Felt 3 last week (the MURS and Slug collabo), which rocks. as did the blackroc project, which as i may have mentioned probably pipped my best album of the year.

so the next gen of hip hop is very much alive.

and i love oz hip hop. in general there probably isnt a great variety in vocal melody, but i think oz hip hop production in a lot of cases is better then the international counterparts because of the use of live instruments and/ or the turntable which is nearly all but gone in a lot of current hip hop.

just my 50 cents..

thanks for the reply guys...

im not really a fan of Aussie hip hop, im not sure why, just most of it doesnt sound too good to me i guess, theres not much variation in flow and the beats arent as insane (you cant go past DJ Premier!!!)

i like heaps of new hip hop tho, im getting my hands on it daily, jay z's newest was off the hook, and im definitely feeling kid cudi. at teh moment im hooked on Jemini and Dangermouse's collab "ghetto pop life" check that one out if you havnt!

So yeah hip hop is definitely my thing, but i LOVE all music, House and Club are probably my 2nd point of call tho.