remixing program

Skank

hey guys

i wanna get into production i have zero experience and all i wanna do atm is edit tracks like insert differnt kicks and vocals and chop the track up and so on, can any one suggest a program that would be good for a beginner i wanna be making fidget or techhouse sorta stuff

cheers

if anyone opened reason and pressed tab they would probably cry :), sure every program is kind of confusing but reason is by far and away the most in my experience. Reasonis definately a great program for some things but the sequencing is horribly hard to use and thats why I wouldnt recommend it for someone begginning

i staried of with fruityloops wiked as takes geting use to play around with diff thing you can come up with some wicked shit i also over looped rebirth into it as well though propellahead never made it compatable with vista :( loved the program lol

oh okay.

what if i was just chopping up a track, and wanted to screw up and resequnce them.

maybe add some more drums and bass.

then this cut down version should do huh?

ill prob test out all the avail software that offer trials, but i think ableton on paper look good so figured i could mess with this cheapo version for a while. i know the cheapo plus upgrade in future ends up more expensive then just getting the whole hog up front, but one. i may never upgrade (as at now not looking t produce own tracks); and two. just outright cant afford it (prob cant afford live intro for another 6 months anywho... ha ha).

for now it will be doing it old school, using the two copies of the same song running on vinyl, faders, and traktor effects to chop and remix!

EDIT: when i say cheapo i mean cheaper than the full version, not cheap cuz 2 hunge is still plenty