Newby

TheSpeedfighter

Hi all,

Well I'm Lex and as you can see just joined the forum.

Just a bit about myself:

Originally I'm for Holland, and been in the Hardstyle/Hard Trance/Trance scene for a long time. 2 years ago I came here to Australia, and since then I would like to make a little bit more out of music. So maybe I can get some good info from this site and try to become a dj!

Well that's pretty much it, and hopefully speak to you all!!

Lex

Thanks guys for the welcome!!

Well I hope I can get everything out of here what I want. I don't aim high but the only thing what I want (I think like everybody else) is play 1 night a week in a club and that's pretty much it.

Well if anyone has some advice how to start properly please let me know :D

Thanks again!!

Lex

hey whats yer equip? if any.

beginners section here has plenty of gems.

and djforums.com (sorry to pimp other sites) has an awesome tutorial section, as well as the dj techniques forum has plenty of tips EDIT: thats the DJ Techniques Forum of djforums.com (does that make sense).

otherwise just ask and all the peeps are usually ready to jump in.

well the first step is getting your equiptment haha.

try to track down a shop called 'lightsounds' they have some pretty good deals for beginer set ups like the cdj400's and the djm mixer.

they also sell a large range of speakers.

once you have that, you need to start learning how to mix(we'd obviously be more then happy to help you with this).

down the tracks once your comfortable and think your ready to start playing in a club, record yourself a mixtape. and distribute it out it out to the clubs. and what not. be persistant and hopefully youll get that first gig, and if you impress it should snowball from there.

now that might sound like a simple formula but it takes alot of effort. so its not gonna be a simple easy thing to do. most of the time anyway.

wait for a dj warehouse sale!thats what i did..he he

lightsounds is in darlinghurst around the corner from store dj. i dont think they are particularly cheaper. just check these three stores prices and they will all price match so go wherever convenient and has stock. for brand new anywho.

if going 2nd hand: ebay, the buy/sell gear forum here or at itm.

i checked cash converters a little and trading post and they were pretty shyte for decks and mixers, more for PA stuff.

Well I first want to try a couple more times before I start buying my equipment as for me it will be a pretty big investment.

What kind of price also do I need to think about when I want to have a starter pack with CD-decks?

I had a look at Stanton, not sure if it's reliable but from what I've read it's pretty good.

what do you think??

personaly if you want to start playing in clubs, your better off saving that little bit extra to get the cdj's, so you will be learning on something that all clubs currently use. So you will be more familiar,

to get this set up it costs around 2.2k (no speakers or travel cases)

its well worth it though dude