Beginner.

Doct-r

Hello there ADJF. I've been DJing using Traktor pro (yes i know...sigh) for a month or two now, and in that time I've done a few friends parties.

I've been brainwashed by Native Instruments, and was considering buying a macbook + Traktor Kontrol 1...(macbook due to it being annoying having to packup my entire PC and transporting it to a party) now I've broken free and decided to Invest in a CDJ + mixer. but to be honest, I have no idea which brands to look at, I don't want to blow the bank..because it's gonna take me a while to save :P

And I will probably also need to invest in a (very) cheap set of speakers that's able to support the CDJ + Mixer.

Thanks In advance for your Help guys :)

<3

hey man welcome.

i assume then you have traktor pro (and there is nothing wrong with using traktor!) and not traktor scratch pro. is there an upgrade thing you can pay? if so, then why not do that and you can then use the cdj's with time control cds??

just a suggestion

Well theres an option for both on startup,

but Half the reason I want to swap to CDJ is because I don't want to Lug my pc to every party :P

CDJ's would be easier to transport...and cheaper than buying a macbook.

Sure I could do that later on but I've heard CDJ's are the best place to start for beginners.

I told him that I've tracked his IP to Nigeria and then he sent me another email and it was exactly where he said he was, he is "Insulted" that i think he is trying to scam me.

But yes back to the drawing board.

Nothing over $1300 for 2x CDJ and a mixer

hey. gemini get a bit of a bad rep

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthre ... ost2400802

havent really used cdj's but tried to have a look around for ya, and noticed they dont sell in the three majors where you sourcing from, ebay?

anywho, lightsounds sale have pioneer 800 (Note its MK1) for $499.

EDIT: oh yeah you wanted ipod connectibility so that 800's wont do. sorry

cheers mang

Been looking at Numark stuff, specifically the NDX400. looks quite nice.

UPDATED reqs:

2x CDJ

1xMixer.

Is able to work with traktor through USB (MIDI), for now will just Get CDJ's to see which i prefer, then use a laptop with traktor running with the CDJ's etc.

and around the $1000 mark

What kind of budget are you looking at? I'm a big fan of the 400's, which could suit your use perfectly as they have both USB and MIDI support (so you could use them to control Traktor if you wanted to). As with anything though, it really comes down to personal choice, and the best thing that you could do would be to try a few out and get a feel for them all before deciding.

Alternatively, you could invest in some TT's, and join me on the path to financial destruction! :D

cheers mang

Been looking at Numark stuff, specifically the NDX400. looks quite nice.

UPDATED reqs:

2x CDJ

1xMixer.

Is able to work with traktor through USB (MIDI), for now will just Get CDJ's to see which i prefer, then use a laptop with traktor running with the CDJ's etc.

and around the $1000 mark

Was that $1000 all up for the two CDJ's and the mixer? If so, you'll find it a bit hard to get all those features that you're after I think...

I reckon your best bet would be to save up a little longer so that you can at least get some decent kit that will serve you well.