Traktor Scratch + Vinyl Control

OxyKon

So i'm in the process of setting up my Traktor Scratch A10 to my mixer but i'm wondering if anybody knows how to allow for regular vinyl control without having to change my RCA cables back over from the A10 unit into my Phono channel on my mixer.

As most of y'all know i play a lot of vinyl when mixing but i'm hoping to have both setup at the same time, would make it much easier for me if i ever played out again and wanted to use both vinyl and digital without having CDJ's around.

Any ideas?

The original traktor cables allow you to have this accessibility. If you don't have the traktor cables I'm not sure how this works but with the original cables you can plug them into the line and phono inputs so when you wanna flick it over you just select phono or line and you're good to go. I think you may need the original cables to achieve this so if you don't have them hunt online for them

they were called multi core cables. you actually can wire it yourself without it

i always have mine setup that way, all you need to do is flick the switch from line to phono on your mixer and you are good to go.

give me a sec to picture it and i will let you know.

note i am using an audio 8 but i assume it is the same

oh wait just read up you do need multicores AND they did stop giving out multicores with the audio 10, as they wanted you to rely on the vinyl out feature of tsp which sucks dead doggs balls.

hmmmm that sucks man. see iff anyone who only uses cdj's wants to give them up, or see if any dj stores still have stock as they used to sell them seperately

Should just be able to have the cable split or dual output. so 4x RCA (2 x 2RCA) So then you plug one set into the sound card, one into the mixer and do the switching part. That way when you put a record on the TT's as opposed to control vinyl you switch the mixer input over and it'll take the audio from that as opposed to your sound card.

Looking at those multi-core cables, that's exactly what they are.

Should just be able to have the cable split or dual output. so 4x RCA (2 x 2RCA) So then you plug one set into the sound card, one into the mixer and do the switching part. That way when you put a record on the TT's as opposed to control vinyl you switch the mixer input over and it'll take the audio from that as opposed to your sound card.

Looking at those multi-core cables, that's exactly what they are.

what the multi core allowed was that it would send from sound card to line in the mixer OR by pass sound card and go straight to phono in the mixer

not sure how you could do this without it.

i.e. For time control you would go from TT to sound card via RCA. then RCA out from sound card to line in on mixer

therefore the output on your TT is already taken up. so how could another set of RCA's be used to go into the phono of the mixer?

Here's a great link to it. Essentially all the multi-cores are doing is doubling up the audio signal.

So

Deck A

Technics -> 2xRCA (Sound Card) 2xRCA (Phono Line/Mixer)

Sound Card -> 2xRCA (Line In/Mixer)

Deck B

The audio signal is still being passed to the SoundCard, but the line select on the mixer will determine which output it's listening to - whether this is the cable coming from the technics to mixer or soundcard to mixer.

Yeah, the multi-core cables aren't anything special. They're just purpose built. Anditz could probably wire you up something snazzy if you were worried about aesthetics.

Otherwise you just need for each turny: 2x F RCA to 4x M RCA (Female plugs for the Turntable output, male plugs for the soundcard input and mixer input) and 2x M RCA to 2x M RCA (soundcard output to mixer input)

However it looks, cables, cables and adapters, etc. is up to you.

Here's a great link to it. Essentially all the multi-cores are doing is doubling up the audio signal.

So

Deck A

Deck B

The audio signal is still being passed to the SoundCard, but the line select on the mixer will determine which output it's listening to - whether this is the cable coming from the technics to mixer or soundcard to mixer.

oh you mean with a splitter then yeah. i was thinking how could you get it to work with just the four cables from the box

okay as below is one option that uses 1 female to 2 male RCA's (http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-splitt ... =srtghl-20)

the ends with nibs (or little dickies) are Male, and then the two without are female.

obviosuly like beatless said it can be done with adapters or cables but essentially that is wiring you need. how many males or females involved is up to you (different strokes for different folks)

wGkAhOT.jpg