Recording help

Pending

So I received my Pioneer DDJ-SB yesterday and I was trying to set up to record and I found this tutorial on how to record through audacity since Serato DJ Intro doesn't let you record but I just can't get it to record. When I press record in audacity it says something along the lines of 'Device can't be opened please check device settings and try again'. Does the brains trust have any idea?

"Device can't be opened" means something else is using the soundcard. In this case, it's serato. You can't select your controller in audacity as serato is using it, so you need to run RCA cable out of your controller into the 3.5mm line in on your computer, and select the built in line input to record with

Aye, we don't condone piracy 'round these parts ya hear.

To solve your issue you just need to follow the steps outlined in previous posts, Pending.

The reason why it's not working the way you want it, is because that device/channel is being used to output the sound, so can't be used to capture it as well. So you'll need to go from record out/master out2 on the SB to the line in on your computer, essentially creating a loop (Computer output > DDJ-SB input > DDJ-SB output > Computer input )

To solve your issue you just need to follow the steps outlined in previous posts, Pending.

The reason why it's not working the way you want it, is because that device/channel is being used to output the sound, so can't be used to capture it as well. So you'll need to go from record out/master out2 on the SB to the line in on your computer, essentially creating a loop (Computer output > DDJ-SB input > DDJ-SB output > Computer input )

There's only a master out....

There's only a master out....

RCA Splitter!