Got 3 g's to spend want to spin/mix electro

Aunjey

Hey everyone, finally getting into the world of DJin'g been having a go on my buddies technics and am loving it. I know that Vinyl and CDJING/ VDJing are different but i think that at my age and with what i do i dont have the time to go out (or the money) and buy a ton of decks so the CDJ/VDJ would be what i am after...just looking for some Recommendations and why. Thanks guys

just to restate i have about 3 grand to spend (been saving up for a while) and would like something that i could learn on as well as take to some gigs eventually. thanks

Andrew

so this is what im looking at.

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=2669

chose this because from what i've read so far, theres like a this ford holden relationship between pioneer and denon but really just looking for something that has USB CD MIDI play capability, with a lot of functions. If you recommend something almost the same but cheaper. I just dont like to fork out a grand to spend 3 grand later for whatever reason. Did that with a car, snowboards surf boards....might as well get it right the first time.

Any advice?

great decks at a fantastic price compared to what pio charge.

don't get too caught up on the fact that pioneer are in all clubs - a monkey could learn the ins and outs of a pioneer in under a minute. The only downside is all the features on the denons won't be available to you, and you'll still have to burn cd's to play out when you can play off a drive at home.

that leaves about $700 for a mixer, perhaps a second hand xone 62? or save a little for a new xone 42

have you budgeted for good headphones and speakers? some $$ left over for tunes?

yeah just got an ATH-PRO700 GD from audio technica from the fam, feel more base from these than my speakers. Not the best DJ headphones but way better than my sony ear buds ;). My budy has also sold me his speaker/amp set. Not gig quality either but i figured i had a few months of practice ahead of me before i actually get good enough to worry about what im bringing to gigs besides my decks. As for music, i got heaps just from acquiring them over the years. Spitfire, that is a good idea, but gonna wait i think until i want to get to that point where i can actually manage 4 decks at once :P DNS 3700's though is probably where im gonna start.

have you budgeted for good headphones and speakers? some $$ left over for tunes?

yeah just got an ATH-PRO700 GD from audio technica from the fam, feel more base from these than my speakers. Not the best DJ headphones but way better than my sony ear buds ;). My budy has also sold me his speaker/amp set. Not gig quality either but i figured i had a few months of practice ahead of me before i actually get good enough to worry about what im bringing to gigs besides my decks. As for music, i got heaps just from acquiring them over the years. Spitfire, that is a good idea, but gonna wait i think until i want to get to that point where i can actually manage 4 decks at once :P DNS 3700's though is probably where im gonna start.

are you kidding? they are awesome headphones!

anyway, if you've got music and speakers get the dns3700 pack from dj warehouse. it's just under $3k and you'll have everything you need.

hey man dj warehouse for the denon is $1,150 and you dont have to pay a stupid m/ship fee. free shipping too.

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/specials/ ... layer.html

i just saved you $63. a case of asahi thanks! or $18 if you already a member, then 2 big ass cans of sapporo... ha ha. nah just here to help since i dont know shyte all about cdj's.

so ill chuck in another option, two stanton st-150's (these come loaded), traktor scratch pro, and a reasonable 3 channel mixer. i got all (except only a 2 channel mixer, nice effects and sweet as faders, but regret the 2 channel thing) for $2.5K at a dj warehouse sale. and it means i can play my massive collection of cd's which maybe 60% were already ripped to my hard drive!! and i can still play my old school collection of vinyl. new jack swing will come back!!!

a case of asahi thanks!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... yum :teef:

okay im on a fence again, my buddy and i had a chat and hes saying id be better going with CDJ 1000 mk3's because Pioneer is the "industry standard". In other words i dont want to be selling these DNS-3700's after 5 months because i want to do gigs but dont know pioneer layouts or whatever, and apparently you can save your Q points on a removable media and load them into any pioneer deck (new ones at least) . Know what i mean? so now im on the fence again. Your experience would be greatly appreciated in helping me solve this debockle.

Andrew

the main difference is the cueing mode, and denons have an option to cue exactly like pio's.

the newer cdj's come with software that lets you set cue points and stuff, but I doubt you'll find many clubs with cdj2000's or 900's just yet. The 1000's you can save to a memory card, but the newer models you can do on computer. No word yet on whether you get the software frewe or need to buy a new cdj, but given people who do buy will get 2 (and hence 2 copies of software) it won't be hard to get a spare copy and setup at home.