My Latest Mixtape Now Ready!

DJK

that song about being in heaven or wahtever its called at 10:35 is kinda random in the middle lawl

i'd say the mood kind of goes up and down a bit.

and sounds like the quality of the songs differ through the song? could just be me. are they all 320?

as opposed to white american r&b and rap???

i know people write off rnb and rap only because all they know is what they hear in the top 40, but just remember top 40 electronic music is not the best either, which is why it can get frustrating when people say i hate doof doof and they quote some top 40 pop crossover dance music.

theres tracks out there i don't like either but there's plenty of great hip hop, but its not everyones cup of tea. end rant.

havent heard mixx yet will give it a whirl tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

okay so i didnt look that night but finally got on it.

i am a hip hop fan as opposed to rnb/ hip hop fan, though in a club enviro i dont mind, and back in the day loved the dj moto mixes (not club joint allstars just moto on his own. still the best in oz i rection), so i can see how yer mixx fits in that scene, albeit i probably aint digging a lot of yer tracks. saying that i didnt mind some of the more electro hop/ hip house tracks (but see below).

mixing was good and reasonably clean (some fade outs seemed to slow), as you can see from previous posts weve talked about how best to transition in rnb/hip hop and whether to beatmatch etc. and i think youve done well for most of the part.

whats your choice of weapons?? vinyl, cd, controller?

some specific thangs.

at 8.14 is that an acapella on top of another track? it seems in place at first, but by the end it seems to be out of sync with the music.

though i know some of the free mixtape tracks are better than the origs (clipse kill all the beats they jack for their re-up series), but i think you may want to try and ensure you leave out the "get familiar" or that air horn sound which is too aligned with that particular famous dj.

and finally get some bmore into ya, itll fit into your regime i thinks!! and they do the hip hop/ dance thing a lot better. spank rock, amanda blank, plastic little, pase rock, any of the dance tracks whiskey pete gets on, aquasky. ninjasonik too. or some boom bap stuff.

other then that it was aiight, and i think was mixed well and was in the vibe of mixtapes in that genre. better in the latter then the beginning (except the last 5 mins which went back to the music style of your intro, which i'm just not into, but thats just personal prefernce).