virtual dj sound card

hay im sorry to do another post and anoy you guys but i have a audioline mdex3 deck and mixer all in 1. and i also have virtual dj does anybody no exacly how i get the decks and virtual dj to work together? from what i have seen i need a sound card but thats about all i no

probably something cheap like this, then mess with setting in config to get it to work.

behringer_u_control_uca_202_audio_interface_3.jpg

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/di ... rface.html

but since your looking into digital dj'ing, try stay away from virtual dj maybe go for something else

eg: Serato Scratch Live

sl3-.jpg

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/di ... ystem.html

or traktor pro

native_instruments_traktor_scratch_digital_dj_3.jpg

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/di ... al-dj.html

both can be bough in packages with all the hardware and software necessary and are pretty much industry std.

some cheaper alternative would be traktor scratch duo (just a more simple. more affordable version of traktor pro) $650

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/di ... ystem.html

or even somthing like m-audio torq $350

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/djgear/di ... -cd-s.html

for $350 its a pretty good deal, and does basically the same as the others above, but if you have the money look into traktor or serato

hope this helps

hay im sorry to do another post and anoy you guys but i have a audioline mdex3 deck and mixer all in 1. and i also have virtual dj does anybody no exacly how i get the decks and virtual dj to work together? from what i have seen i need a sound card but thats about all i no

hey man, no idea with this stuff.

but you can never ask too many questions, so dont apologise haha, and keep asking.

hmm.. you will most prob be best off getting traktor or serato. just for the future too. when you do upgrade your gear.

i do have one of these never tried to use it to run with VDJ but...

if you can find out if it does work with vDJ ill sell it to you. all i used it for was to record mixes.. but then before i even could i went and got audio 8 traktor. :D

keep in mind he's only a beginner though.

Just dont get too attached to Virtual DJ, move on asap to decks.

Now I'm looking to get Virtual D.j because off you...is that funny

now for the ???..you need a sound card that has 4 in-put & 4 out-puts

the inputs are for your turntables &/or c.d players ...outputs go to mixer

and you need ASIO audio drivers...USB or firewire

sound cards start at $300 for a MAYA 44 usb

and go all the way up to $1500

I use a EDIROL FA 66...have for 3 years.....thear about $600

VDJ has two 'decks' (left and right) and allows a lot of options on how you want the audio to be processed.

At one stage I had the following set up:

I had the stereo signal from the left VDJ deck being sent to an external sound card (just the cheap Behringer USB seen above) and that was in turn plugged into the left channel of a two channel mixer.

I also had the right deck sending stereo audio to an identical sound card that was in turn plugged into the right deck of the mixer.

That way I could use the pooder to play the music (much like two CD players) but could use my mixer to do the transitions. It was a great for gigs like weddings where I really didnt need to beat mix.

Of course you can now buy sound cards that can support two inputs and two outputs (ie a 'dual' external sound card).

so from what i can gather its not possible to make my decks and mixer work in sync with virtual dj? i was just hoping to be able to hook the decs and mixer up to the laptop and use control's on the deck but have the music selected from vdj instead of having to use cd's

so im going to get a sound card with 2 inlets does that sound ok? and 2nd question is when i get the sound card how do i set it all up? thanks in advance guys

you need a sound card that has 2 stereo out-puts....one stereo output go's to your amp & speakers....the other go to your headphonos

the NI Audio 2 sound card is good sound card that only has out-puts & is cheep

you only need the two stereo in-puts for....if your going to add turntables /c.d players & time code vinly/ C.D's to control V.DJ

• 2 months later...

The above soundcard, also known as the MAYA 44, provides 8 outputs, which, when paired as stereo, provides 4 outputs for 4 decks within DJ software.

The sound quality of this card is known to be passable, but better sonic quality can be achieved with higher end cards, such as the NI Audio 2/4/8 DJ and the MOTU Ultralite MKIII. However these are expensive and may not suit your needs.

Keep in mind when choosing your equipment, that if you decide to use Serato as your primary software, then you will need to use the bundled soundcard. The software is unlocked with this device and will not function without it.

You could also consider Serato Itch or Traktor Duo for digital DJing.

now who said i couldnt give helpful advice?