USB to Rekordbox

Craig

Hey fam, I should have joined a forum years ago so please excuse my ignorance as I'm sure this topic has been covered more than once. After digging through the interwebs, Pioneer FAQ's, Youtube and still not being able to find an answer, I've conceded defeat and thought I'd ask for help. 

The question I've got is, I transfer my playlists from Rekorbox to a USB device (not a problem), while mixing, I edit the star rating for future mixes (here's comes the problem), when I load the USB device back into Rekordbox and it imports the histories, the star rating doesn't change in the original Playlist section.

No doubt it's something simple I'm overlooking or missing. I just don't want to go through the Playlist a second time and do it all over again, any help?

1 hour ago, Scottie said:

Maybe this? 

N0g7B5t.png

https://rekordbox.com/_app/files/img/rekordbox4.0.0manual_en1001g.pdf

If you update the star rating on the decks, then unplug the USB and then plug it back into the decks, has the star rating stayed updated?

Thank for the help @Scottie and @Cupe, I read through that section of the manual and that didn’t work for me, none of the star rating changed. What I did stumbled across that worked was this,  

Step 1: Insert the USB device
Step 2: Expand the playlist I want the update
Step 3: Click the track or tracks I want, I clicked track 1, scrolled to the bottom, held shift and click the last track (100 in total)
Step 4: Right click and select *Update Collection*
Step 5: Done

Seems so simple now, cheers for the help tho fellas!

On 04/04/2019 at 7:46 PM, OxyKon said:

nice find @Craig, i've never done it that way before, although i always rate my tracks once i purchase them, and i have a different method of rating haha, 1 star means it's just the standard genre of track, 5 stars means it's the most brutal track you've ever heard 😛 

@OxyKon That's roughly the method I use. As I mix mostly tech house and base house, I've combined Mixed in Key with the star rating. Using harmonic mixing and using the start rating helps me know what direction the set will head and what energy each song will bring. 2-3 star is early in the set 4-5 is peaking set, obviously reading the crowd as well.

On 04/04/2019 at 4:14 PM, Craig said:

Seems so simple now

Pioneer and the rest of them don't really make anything easy. I never used the rating system when I was playing but it make sense that you should be able to rate the tracks at the venue then bring them across to rekordbox on when you load the usb in. Glad you got it figured out now 

19 minutes ago, LabRat said:

Pioneer and the rest of them don't really make anything easy. I never used the rating system when I was playing but it make sense that you should be able to rate the tracks at the venue then bring them across to rekordbox on when you load the usb in. Glad you got it figured out now 

@LabRat For me it helps song choice for future events, what sounds good through the headphone in front of a computer isn't always a 5 star at a venue. Hopfully this helps someone else out in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...