WTB : heaphones

zedsx6

I have my XD-53s cranked at about 2/3 volume for about 4hrs when I play, I pick them up, put them down, throw them around and they still go as hard as they did before. Any cans that can last w.e after w.e at clubs for 3+ more hrs at a time get my tick.

Similar to why tomy likes his.

Hey Zeds,

what happened to your HDJ-1000's? I'm curious, cos mine broke the other week! Clean snap right off the swivel (Right phone).

Not sure whether it was my fault cos i was half tanked at the time, but i swear i just put them on like normal..

Not a fan of the weak frame atm, but love the quality.

Little bit of Locktite and all is well again! Will ducktape the crap outta it to make sure it won't break again and add some character!

Zeds - can you get any photo's up? I might try giving the Pioneer rep a call - could be worth a shot as there is obviously something wrong with the build quality.

CBG - Am looking at those XD53's spec wise, will give these a go next set of cans I buy i think.

Zeds - can you get any photo's up? I might try giving the Pioneer rep a call - could be worth a shot as there is obviously something wrong with the build quality.

Yeah i can do that for sure! il try get some photos up today (sat)

hopefully they'll listen and do something about it

amazing how many ppl break their hdj1000's on the swivels. I still have the model before that (SEDJ5000) and they've lasted 8 years with no issiues other than the foam wearing. i actually bouught 2 pairs at the same time, so won't be upgrading for a while

i have a few different pairs of headphones (dont ask me why) but i actually prefer the reloop ones. rhp10 i think they are. $190. i have ceramic mint ones....they look good and sound really good. and im only comparing to pioneers and sony's

• 3 weeks later...

Well, they snapped again, and instead of gluing them back i got locktite all up my arm hahaha. Now i need to buy new cans and a new watch!

But will def be giving the XD-53's a go as per CBG's recommendation, spec wise a little better than the HDJ1000's, won't be buying pioneer cans again.

• 1 year later...