CDJ-400, Give me Your Review

Jaz

nah no website. a ticket is like 2k, not really worth it. :P i was just lucky i spose. that ebay thing looks orite. hey if its your first setup, dw bout the mixer. my personal opinion is its better to learn on shit equipment. if you sound like a boss on shit equipment, when you upgrade, imagine teh skilss you bring to the table mating with the opportunities better gear brings.

350's are for kids man... that tempo lock is the death of 'human' DJing, and they look terrible. 400s all the way man.

you dont have to use the beatlock feature, jus sayin

im pretty sure the argument is not that you have to use it when you buy em. but that new users, i.e. kids that jump on DJin who have to much munny, will be lured into using this feature, never learn beatmatching, and causing a snowball effect where the skill of DJing is ruined, coz kids just wanna be tiesto.

nothing ahainst tiesto though :)

its the nature of the beast as technology advances, you could cook your dinner in the ground over hot coals, but you have an electric oven. everyone can do a crowd pleasing meal in an oven, but theres something special and unique about that meal that was traditionally done, if you get where im going with this.

besides wasnt using a laptop/software instead of carryign around crates/cd wallets going to ruin djing when it first hit the scene? or even the introduction of cdj's in the first place?

i understand what your saying, as i did start on VDJ, autosync was my favourite button. but you have to understand people coming from vinyl backgrounds want to protect their art forms. i do agree with you that technological advances are tops as. but the people that argue against this particular feature on these particular cd players do have some what of an argument.

i wasnt around in the days of the forth coming cdj armageddon. and i would like to learn more about the origins of what we do. im just speaking from what i see around me and what i understand. :)

p.s. i love having conversations like this, so props to you. hahaha.

gandy you are right. cdjs were gonna be the death of djing. from the amateur locals like my mates to the pros like norman cook (who really ripped into the cdj generation) felt that cdjs were toys and it was gonna get a whole bunch of kids in the scene. now hasnt that changed. the things are induatry standard now. and you got ppl like norman cook even going dvs!

the dj scene has always been a little elitist. so one gen is always gonna hate the next gen. it use to be heaps worst w ppl covering up their record labels; definitely would be no sharing on an open forum like this.

by the way i dont use the beatlock feature, as i learnt to beatmatch, but you know whats great, getting my friends on the decks (with little experience) after a session, turning this on and letting them have a go and have as much fun as i do sharing my passion for music, and if theyre really into it, they will learn to beatmatch anyways

i wasnt fortunate enough to be brought up in the purest era of vinyls, and have absolutely mad respect and love

watching a real traditional dj in action, but getting all up tight and eliteist because a state of the art new deck has an OPTIONAL feature is a little silly

like i said dood. we all know its optional, thats not the fuss of it all. the fuss is that people dont want theyre "art form" ruined by kids who buy these and think theyre david guetta. i know what you're saying, people who care, will learn to beatmatch, will learn everything they need to learn. but isnt half the fun learning to beatmatch, getting your tunes perfectly synced by ear, the trial and error, the frustrations. i'm no master dj by any stretch of the word. but the challenge of learning is what keeps me coming back. people have beef with these cdjs, its not gonna change, just let it go.

youre missing my point, the people who are worried about losing there "art form" will pass on there teachings to there younger generation (family friends etc) so it wont be lost at all, unless the old school are too elitest, then yes it will be lost but at there own fault.

and people are always going to throw in unbiased points about why this isnt such a big deal, so maybe you should be the one to let it go.

i guess if being bitter about new technology makes you happy you have nothing to worry about