DJaz's Rig Part 2

Jaz

i gotta admit Dennis (and i dont usually bitch with you :P) but the Asthmatics thing is bullshit

The Boiled Chemicals only emit CO2 and Carbon dioxide + a small amount of another chemical which is not harmful to any persons, even my old lady uses Glycerin in cakes as it helps them to Rise upon expansion if needed...i done alot of research into it as i didnt wanna be fucking my lungs cause ill be in the smoke most i guess :P

i think if someone was going to have an asthma attack it would be because of the thickness of the smoke sensation which would cause them to feel Claustrophobic and trapped with not much air thus being more from fear then chemicals to oxygen ratios....:)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Dick Smith sell smokeys anymore. The ones they had used to last about a year which was OK given the price I paid. I suspect the 'Rave' brand are the same ones. If your going to do a lot of gigs, it would be better economically if you bought a Martin Magnum or similar.

The problem with asthma is for some people it can be triggered by anxiety. So walking into a smokey environment puts them on edge and makes them more succeptable to an attack. Best to advertise that you are going to use them if the venue allows it. Once again, a hazer is far less obvious and less likely to annoy the non smokers in the house.

Thanks all

Will go to jaycar and pick one up.

Also go to chem mart to get a look at glycerin and advise if I can get it in bigger quantities and cheaper.

When I ballparked 1500 dollars per visit for the CFA MFB it was for each appliance.

They usually hang around for a while looking for a handout ie free pizzas or anything else that going, god bless em.

Its still a 700watt motor so you're probably not getting anything better than the jaycar one.

It looks very similar to the one i paid around $100 for.

You're probably better off investing $200-250 in an acme, martin, or known brand one because it will simply last you longer mate - i know that every dollar counts but it could be a better investment.

Yeah...its the same one that Dick Smith used to sell. You can buy replacement pumps for arround $80...or probably better to just buy another one. This model is the minnimum I would recommend for occasional use. I strongly recommend buying a better quality smokey and one with a timer. Its a pain having to hit the button every 30 minutes or so.

And on the smoke thing, if you're serious about it, go for a hazer.

A smoke machine is only there to create the visual puff of "smoke", and using it as a hazer (to fill the room in order to see light beams) really doesn't work well. Trust me, I've done it before, and filled an entire theatre with it, and people aren't usually too impressed.

When I used a hazer, no one hardly noticed. Couldn't even smell it, and the lights looked still looked like sex.

Just sayin'.

Extra money, but much better product and investment.

Hmm not sure on the Juice there mate....

id say google it but i dont think that would be reliable cause if you google fog/hazer/smoke/mist Machine they pretty much all get the same results as most people would just refer to them as different names thinking they are the same machine....

So i thought my Decks and speakers were probly the most interesting thing about my set up, after 4 pages of Smoke machine talk i think ive realized the truth :P.....