Latest DIY project...help from CDJ users required!

SourceRaver

OK…I’m moving onto my next DIY project that’s going to make me a gazillion dollars and I need your help.

Basically, I’m going to design a CD wallet with legs.

“Legs!?” you ask…

Yes legs. So the wallet sits perfectly on top of a Technics turntable without putting pressure on the tone arm or platter. So…

Could the CDJ users please recommend any CD wallets that are the right size and sturdy enough for the job.

Cheers!

Dj's who use vinyl get tired of seeing Technics used as a table for CD wallets. Sometimes the weight of a wallet actually damages the turntable. Im hoping to build something that will keep everyone happy.

Im thinking I'll just stick to a table or box of some sort with a huge sticker on it saying "No Drinks Here". The more I think about it, the more it sounds like the original dustcovers that came with the TT!

• 1 month later...

Just bought a small welder from Aldi

and I'm looken at building a all in one trolley

desk drawer pc/mixer/ amp and a lead storage box on wheels like Sources that is 1 AC plug and play and small as a garbage bin.

Huge wheels you could pull through sand dunes and maby a 12 volt battery and inverter,for playing anywhere.

• 5 weeks later...

Welded my light stand with a bolt on the top for

my bracket took me two rods and fucked up real bad, mostly grinded the weld bubbles back and filled in the missing bits second and third time around.

Did it with thongs on and shorts and flashed myself a couple of times, minor burns but learning all the time.