beat matching

Elektrolyte

Complete Beginner Tips:

I found it useful to to start off with a track that's not complex with a nice simple beat.

Also if you make doubles and play both at the same time it makes it much easier to hear and correct your mistakes.

Practice with that, using your jog wheels to match the beats and get used to letting the beat run out of time an bring it back again.

After that try with different songs.

Intermediate Tips:

Hope that's helpful

timing is what i'd practice.... say you're going to start beat matching on the first beat after a break down, if you hit play on the new track right on the first beat then you'll be pretty damn close to being beat matched, if your timing is good.

a few small adjustments and you'll have it tight in no time.

then practise with songs of different bpm :)

Dont rush!

...cause once you learn the art, all your favourite Dj's will never sound the same again as you'll begin to hear every little mistake or correction they make!

Also...

Things like the indicator in your car not matching the beat of the song on the radio will start to irritate you. You may even start to have words with the guy on the treadmill next to you cause hes out of sync with your foot steps.

You have been warned!

Dont rush!

...cause once you learn the art, all your favourite Dj's will never sound the same again as you'll begin to hear every little mistake or correction they make!

Also...

Things like the indicator in your car not matching the beat of the song on the radio will start to irritate you. You may even start to have words with the guy on the treadmill next to you cause hes out of sync with your foot steps.

You have been warned!

thats pretty funny.. yet so true =D

Dont rush!

Also...

You have been warned!

oh wow i thought this kinda thing was just me lol

Its Called OCD ( obsessive compulsive disorder ) and although you might not be Diagnosable with it as a Disease/Symptom Most people have certain things they obsess about :)

Obviously Source's is Keeping his footsteps in Sync with someone else's on a treadmill next to him :P

It's the same with anything. Repetition Repetition Repetition.

Also one thing i've noticed, goes for anything also, the moment you start going "Thats good enough" is the moment you stop progressing.

x a million, that is so true its not even funny, know a guy who has got potentional but he thinks hes great where he is, such a shame... im a perfectionist so im always hard on myself, which is good but its hard to accept praise from others