New Mac Book Air

JonnyB

what i think is a massive leap from the last air is you can configure. so you can actually get a 2.16ghz with 4GB ram. which would be shit hot. yeah my first thought was how cool would it be just to have to carry that, maybe a hard drive ( though plenty enuff memory for one set) and your sound card and your all set.

downside is they apparentally going the app route!!! which means you cant just buy software and load it on. it will mean developers will need to specifically create an app and then lodge it with the apple app store!!! so traktor and serato will have to buy into it and develop apps. and given NI's current lack of love for apple it may not be straight away.

while heaps convenient its just another step in steve jobs goal to take over the world.

• 3 months later...

IMO, I would love the Mac Pro over that, think of the awesome processing speed and how it can handle basically everything you'd want to use it for, compared to 5ml less thickness!

I don't really understand the point of the air, but I am sure some people love it!

IMO, I would love the Mac Pro over that, think of the awesome processing speed and how it can handle basically everything you'd want to use it for, compared to 5ml less thickness!

I don't really understand the point of the air, but I am sure some people love it!

think of it as a deluxe netbook

smaller and lighter, at the cost of horsepower.

I kinda don't get the 13" air though