Im lost....

Fail

Ok whats is the best sequencer to use for pc? i do have a abelton and fruity loops but i don't know witch is better to start off with.....what sorta midi controller should i buy?

i will be getting a midi keyboard.

WTF is a sampler?....can i buy midi controllers that have sample units as part of the whole unit?

As you can see im lost....Oh i do know what plugins are too =)

If i didn't know any better (i really don't) i will purchase these to use with

abelton

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/studio-ge ... undle.html

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/studio-ge ... board.html

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/studio-ge ... squad.html

and if this is necessary

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/studio-ge ... mpler.html

Please tell me if im going in the wrong direction to producing

my own music...Any criticism is greatly accepted..

I apologize if this thread confuses you or if ive just wasted your timeAny help would be greatly appricieated

;)

dude i wouldnt lauch into buying any gear if u just go a hold of a few programs explore them really well first, id rather spend some cash on albeton courses than gear, the gear only helps but understanding the whole program first is gonna help u massively, id suggest going and doing ableton courses at djwarehouse rather than spending ur cash on gear.

there is online courses that u can sign up to and read as many of the forums out there. Then decide what u wanna actually do with the program e.g creat beats/sample create new tracks etc,

imo id get a pair of really good monitors and a good sound card before a midi controller but thats just me

im no pro in makin tracks or anywhere near that but i started out in the same boat i got a launch pad an a midi keyboard and did the same thing but it took me ages to make a start and understand things and if i had it all over id go do some courses first.

ok firstly i'm just going to give some rough advice i give to most i know starting out.

1. dont spend any money - not much point spending money if you decide its not for you

2. you dont need a midi controller (can do every thing with a mouse and keyboard. i hardly use my controller)

3. get on youtube, www.groove3.com, sonic acadamey and watch and gather as much info as you can - this is really the best way search tutorials for beginners etc. its all out there.

4. dont set out to make a "song" straight up. you'll learn heaps by just using random shit and clicking around seeing what it does.

5. it should alwways be fun.

thats about it man, my advice on the DAW is try using both a pic one that site better with you. FL is easier to use at first and abelton is pretty straight forward at the start.

if all else fails come back here and ask away we are always will to help or point you in the right direction no matter how silly the question is :D

you have to ask yourself are you a hardward or a software guy..

wait is a sampler....a sampler a device (hardware or/ and software ) that records audio so you can play/ edit it to pad/keys

if you have got ableton just get a midi keyboard & start there...when you have that down then get a hardware sampler

yeah man you dont need all that shit now.

firstly choose your program nd just learn it well. later on when you know what your doing, start incorporating other things into your production.

midi keyboard is not needed. ive been producing for close to 3 years and have never needed one nor bought one.

Fl studio is genreally easier to learn in, but ableton is better quality.....just to be breif on that subject.

and as tomy said do NOT go in expecting to make a song straight away, it will just frustrate you and youll feel like giving up, go in with the state of mind you want to learn about the DAW, what this button does, how to do this, because to make a song you need to understand everything inside the Daw...well most of it anyway :)

no amount of gear or videos will get you were you want, get your prefered software, click around, learn it, you know what music sounds like so copy it, pretty simple.

OMFG This man just said it all!

One more thing though....is there any sense in buying a hardware sampler putting samples on it i bought ...just for fun? then recording it?

Im really just gonna have a good go at abelton this weekend hopefully...this is the thing...i was sorta gettin used to fucking around with fruity loops and theres all this hype about abelton.....will fruity loops have its dead ends for me if i continue with it.......?

Personally I say stay clear of fruity loops because I think its codec makes everything sound shit, but thats just me.

A hardware sampler is more for going and sampling things yourself, like getting a track, going, oh thats one sweet kick bitch, and sampling it, which you can do a lot easier with software, they are used by people that work entirely with hardware.

Abletons sampler is quality ;)

Thanks man,you have really helped me out...i have direction again.....I'm going to fuck fruity loops off and start to play with abelton...i have one synth plugin im yet to download that i got with my sound card i get to choose from either absynth,massive,fm8 or guitar rig 4 pro...witch one is the best for techno or beginning?...it will be my first plugin i use...I will be getting a very basic midi keyboard...im sorry i think im kinda asking this question again sorta but will any sort of controller help me with abelton to give me a little more hands on feel to it in terms of controlling levels etc or will the keyboard be enough?

Once again thank you soo much man you have put me on a really good direction with your comment ''you know what music sounds like so copy it, pretty simple.''

You are a legend mate....makes me wanna do this on the roof of my father in laws 1969 firebird while he watches :michael:

haha not a problem man, as for the plug ins, I'd probably say go with massive cause its flexible and pretty easy to get your head around compared to the other two, although FM8 is my favourite synth period and absynth has some great presets that would suit techno pretty well but its totally fucked to try and use.

Try the demos ;)

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... -versions/