the legendary nate dogg passed away today

eggssell

RIP holmie.

with the original crew 213

snoop-warren.jpg

nate dogg was pretty much the voice of the g-funk movement. while others would follow (like danny boy and k-ci and jojo) they were always more the r&b component to a rap/r&b track, while nate was singing g-funk! with that deep powerful voice and ability to sing and sing/rap.

introduced to the world by death row records with the rest of the dogg pound he basically made a lot of dre, snoop, dpg tracks. he even had a commercial hit with warren g on regulate. and had his own album of classics, as well as solo songs on the many soundtracks death row records were tapped to do. one more day from murder was the case is one of my fave songs of all time, of all time.

and who could ever forget from 2001, "wooooo hey hhhaayyyy........... i smoke weed everyday"

ill youtube bomb this shyte when i get home.

im sure ive said before i was bigg ass down with the whole deathrow g-funk scene. so i was a mad fan of nate dogg so gonna post up some clips for those who were there to remember, and those that werent to get a bit of history.

if you aint down with the sound all good, nothing to see here then.

anywho, heres a track with thug life (pac's crew before he jumped on death row). and a very relevant song for the moment.

not sure when clip was done (no pac or nate??) but track was from way back

oh damn i forgot about this track. this was one of the best club bangers of all time. a lot of dpgc stuff was more for cruising, hanging or bbqing but this shyte pops off. its a shade sheist track ft nate and kurupt, one of the best lyricists in the game

at 1.33 is typical nate dogg killing

though he was on the deeez nuts track from the chronic this was prob where a lot of people got inroduced to nate.

no clip on this, and the lyrics was quite hated by the grrls yet when played at a house party or club everyone knew the words.

it was also the first of several tracks featuring the original 213 crew of snoop, warren g and nate

last one ill leave y'all with a track a lot of people may not have heard. i love it, cuz its got one of my all time fave lyricists. easily one of my top 5 all time dead or alive, big proof (RIP too).

you may not know him, but if ya seen any eminem live footage he is likely the hype man. he was somewhat portrayed by mekhi pfifer in 8 mile. check him.

anywhos.