Korg NanoPad

yizzle

korg-nanopad-460-80.jpg

So i was thinking about buying a Korg NanoPad for simple off the side sample triggering drum loops. It seems like a good price for what it is.

Problem is I don't know anyone that has one & there are no shops around my area that have them in stock so i cant physically get a feel for it.

Anyone know if this little $80 button board is any good when push comes to shove?

-cheers

yeah, well maybe.

i mean could sell it for $70, but then with P&H its going to be 2nd hand for the same price as new.

But knowing me there is a good chance ill buy one anyway, Ill wait to see if anyone has had experience in playing around with them..

Thanks Spitfire.

Triggering is all my purpose. I saw not long ago a guy on youtube complain that his broke after a month. but the way the dude was handling it and throwing it around. im not sure if it was because that or the buttons cant take long term use?

Thanks Spitfire.

Triggering is all my purpose. I saw not long ago a guy on youtube complain that his broke after a month. but the way the dude was handling it and throwing it around. im not sure if it was because that or the buttons cant take long term use?

I'd say it's because he threw it around. If you hit up the lord website they might have a few links you can check out.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

so i got the Korg Nanopad in the mail, about 5 days ago (i guess).

It was a good buy for $80. its great for triggering samples when your hands are all over the show.

one of the first things before buying it was that it is fragile and breaks easy. I can imagine that for the fact it weighs a bee's dick and in plastic casing no doubt. But you can change the sensitivity of the buttons which i believe will give it a mush better shelf life.

Secondly, the X-Y pad is a little hard to get around, its settings seem a little odd but it works the way it should, with tweaking.

Thirdly, not importantly to the controller itself. In the box comes with EzDrummer Midi software. The booklet tells you it as simple as going to toontracks.com and d/l it. not so, its a bitch and confusing. but like i said, not really related.

really though, 6/10.

Already searching for more toys

:)