Traktor Pro help Thread

CapFive

I wasn't aware that you weren't using a soundcard... awkward :lol:

the sound card is built in to the controller. If traktor is being used internally, then you can record off the master output.

and time code + an S4 would allow you to record the same way... but I suppose this is an exception to the rule.

Caps, I just realized I forgot to mention that the way I was talking about under that video ^ was if you had an external soundcard and your RMX but I thought of an easy and cheap way that will be perfect for you

wait till I knock off work tonight though as I'll wack some pics in to explain it better :)

i dunno why i didnt think of this before, its so simple, should work for CDJ's, TT's and midi's with any mixing software...

get a double adapter and put it into your computers line out

6688d1205432645-rew-cabling-connection-basics-parts-express-090-294l-stereo-mini-rca-adapter.jpg

get an AUX to RCA lead and plug the single plug (AUX) into 1 of the ports on that ^ adapter, then plug the double side (RCA) into your speakers

HRCA.jpg

get an AUX to AUX lead and plug 1 end into the remaining port on the double adapter, then plug the other end into the line in port on your computer

07-235.jpg

record threw audacity, this is now your master out line as well obviously, anything that goes threw your speakers will be recorded in Audacity

all that will probs cost about $10 from Jaycar

Are you talking about the RMX's soundcard? No it would be fine I used to do it a similar way, the audio will just go from the laptop out to the speakers whilst splitting back to the line in to record :)

the only problem you may have is if your computer is pretty old with a shit processor it might struggle to put music out and record at the same time

alternatively you could get a similar adapter that would plug into the back of your RMX so you could run 1 lead to the speakers and 1 lead to the line in to record....but I gave that example up there becuase it would work with cdj and TT's as well