Traktor Pro help Thread

CapFive

ok guys, ive learnt Traktor all the way through, some pretty crazy stuff compared to my shitty virtual DJ....

i'll post some tutorials for the noobs in here

pretend this is your own controller or just ignore the controller part, search the web for your mapping, someone has usually done one and the mapping will save you SO much time, you can then tweak this to your liking

most basic first is making sure your beat grid matches with the master tempo, this will be so important for anything be it effects, loops or just mixing in... traktor uses this as LAW, if it is wrong, you will have a hard time using traktor

this video is about cue points... we all know and love them, we use them on all equipments (except turntables....) check it out it was pretty helpful

here we have looping, you can only do this if you beats match up, like in the other tutorial

ok so now you have watched those you are now set up to be able to DJ the basics, but you're not done yet, traktor is huge, there is so much to learn...

as i find more tutorials i will add them, but i find these ones helped me alot

this one is a bit hard but i hope some traktor guru can solve this...

how would i record my set if i was using my hercules RMX console

here is what the rear of the device looks like

herdjconsolermx.jpg

at the moment i have the traktor settings on internal mixing, and using 1-2 for master out, and 3,4 for my cue... my ASIO driver is buggy and causes my computer to lag and the sound slows down...

should i maybe plug a headphone cable into the RCA 1-2 out and then into my microphone and go the audacity trick? as i only want to record when i have my PA's hooked up so i can record a live set :)

thanks for the help guys

this one is a bit hard but i hope some traktor guru can solve this...

how would i record my set if i was using my hercules RMX console

here is what the rear of the device looks like

herdjconsolermx.jpg

at the moment i have the traktor settings on internal mixing, and using 1-2 for master out, and 3,4 for my cue... my ASIO driver is buggy and causes my computer to lag and the sound slows down...

should i maybe plug a headphone cable into the RCA 1-2 out and then into my microphone and go the audacity trick? as i only want to record when i have my PA's hooked up so i can record a live set :)

thanks for the help guys

The best way is to record into traktor, which requires you to route one of your outputs into a line in on your audio 4 or 8, but seeing s you use both your line outs I dont know how you'd work that, I guess you could get some 1/4" to rca adapters and go out of the 1/4" outs into the cards line in, which is how I had it set up with my old mixer, but /i dont know if it work cause the 1/4" outs dont seem to be separate outputs, worth a try though :)

You cant record internally with traktor (if you can Im unaware of how), you have to go out of your mixer into the soundcard and setup the preferences so that it will record from one of the inputs.

i thought that if it was set to internal mode and you hit record, it would record what ever was coming out of the master?

seems pretty straight forward. this is obviously for CDJ's and TT's as he has an external soundcard, because Cap doesnt use 1 you should follow similar steps but probly just change the external channel preferences

if that fails cap this may work, set your RMX as normal with traktor or serato, but put this RCA Y adapter in between your RMX and line in so that it still runs to line in but then you also have a signal splitting from the line in into another lead that you will run to the record in slot on your PC...

in theory that should work...

You cant record internally with traktor (if you can Im unaware of how), you have to go out of your mixer into the soundcard and setup the preferences so that it will record from one of the inputs.

i thought that if it was set to internal mode and you hit record, it would record what ever was coming out of the master?

chev is right when using timecode, you cant record.

dont know how the hercules works, if it is purely a midi controller than i assume you can record internally.