I posted this on whirlpool

SolDios

Hey guys, I was thinking of buying a second hand 17" macbook pro unibody 2.93ghz core 2 duo

Basically I can pick one up for about $1000, then I get a $794 education rebate.

I mainly do video editing, game development, 3d model design, webpage creation and basic gaming.

My dad has had his desktop pc with core 2 duo 2.63ghz 4gb ram and an ati radion 4600 1gb dedicated (don't quote me on that one)

Ive always been able to play/do anything I wanted on it, and it runs them all smoothly with no drop outs.

Do you think this is alright for me?

This will be my first mac ive brought (Im upgrading from my white macbook unibody the school gave me)

I always feel funny about buying old tech

Edit: I am also a Dj and will be using this with two cdj 850's hooked up to traktor via MIDI

Thats all It said.

Basically the cpu seems to be enough

and I can always upgrade the ram

also the graphics card is decant

should be a good all rounder

So if your telling youself this why are you asking us??

Sol, if you want us to critique the comp your asking about, post the specs of the machine lol, instead of just self critiquing a computer we don't know about in a thread.

As for 15" vs 17", 15 is more portable, 17 has a bigger screen but is heavier. I prefer a 15 as its lighter and then use an external monitor at home, however its purely personal preference.

next time you post a new thread, make the title useful Sol..

Yeah Sol...

A lot of us have some great advice to help you but your thread titles need to ne more specific. Unlike Cupe, we dont read everything.

Maybe something like..."Mac vs PC for digital Dj'ig, help requested please"

You can throw in the odd crazy one to keep us guessing tho :evil: