Traktor Users

RichoKidd

As we all know, if your using Traktor you've got an abundance cords/connections floating around your set-up. My question for you is, how do you organise this chaos of connections? Have you cord cord clamps? Are they hidden in the walls James Bond-esq style? Or do you have your Traktor Audio 2/6/8/10 resting on all your cords like me?

Cheers buvs!

RK

I don't own one of these myself, but as far as cable neatness in general:

-try tape the cables associated with each deck together (obviously leaving a bit of length at the end so they still reach to wherever). So all the traktor cables to the left deck could be taped together, and all the right ones taped.

-use short cables where you can, so there isn't too much excess length left over.

-If there is excess length, get some zip ties or something like that and tie together.

If you have a roadcase you should be able to tuck them away to some degree.

A good vid i think skank? posted not too long ago regarding traktor/serato setup and the taping of the cables that you might want to look at:

(skip in a little bit to the actual bit about setting up traktor/serato)

Note i don't own traktor so not 100% sure how much this will help, its just a thought that may help :)

are you sure it doesn't work for traktor?

wtf can't they make it simple like the rest of them? sound card input into cdj's & soundcard output into the mixer

AND

how does everyone go setting these things up in a club, on the fly?

It was the biggest pain in the ass when I took over from another DJ.... a nightmare in fact

I usually bring in a mix cd's if the guy has a laptop before me so he can pack up and get out of my way while then mix is playing then I can set up while the mix is going.