Turntables with S4?

Robsta

I am wanting to get some turntables but I don't really want/have the money to buy a completely new mixer when I already have my S4.

My question is whether it's possible to use the turntables through traktor, assign them to decks A and B and then use the jog wheels on the S4 for either effects or assigned to deck C and D?

Also what turntables should I get? :teef:

I've only used 1200s so far and they were pretty amazing but I'm sure there are better turntables out there. (budget undecided)

yes you can do as above. you need the traktor scratch upgrade which was free for a while (right?). not sure what the deal is now.

and just look for any direct drive turntable that has torque no less than the 1200. so any of the super OEMs (stantons, citronic, vestaxs, american audio etc.).

oh yeah oops you did mention that too me before.

but i was more referring to "Original equipment manufacturer". where it is white label pieces that are then rebadged as opposed to a particular manufacturer. but i guess either way vestax aint in that group.

but yeah then consider the OEM's or Vestax' which are awesome or your techys.

• 4 weeks later...

I've only used 1200s so far and they were pretty amazing but I'm sure there are better turntables out there. (budget undecided)

Get the Stanton STR8-150, I swear that you will love it. Great for scratching too, it has a straight tone arm which reduces skipping. I used mine for like a year now, and it's still goin' strong. It can also grind your nails if you set it at full speed. Still don't believe me? Ask cupe yourself. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I am wanting to get some turntables but I don't really want/have the money to buy a completely new mixer when I already have my S4.

My question is whether it's possible to use the turntables through traktor, assign them to decks A and B and then use the jog wheels on the S4 for either effects or assigned to deck C and D?

You can even assign them to A + C and B + D. So you can have timecode for all decks, at the same time or alternating.