is using a pc to dj really that bad?

SolDios

Whatever works for you is ultimately the best solution. It comes down to personal preference

Me, I prefer my Mac because it's never failed me and in past experiences have found that its a lot less hassle with plug and play equipment. I've also found (for whatever reason) my Mac is very robust and stable, pretty much running at the same speed/capacity over a good 8hr session of performing with multiple things running at once

I know ppl who use windows laptops and have no dramas either, it's whatever you are comfortable with and whatever works best for YOU

Alot of people use both, so using a Windows PC isn't the end of the world and that they are bad as such, its more just the macs have built themselves a reputation for being very robust, stable and reliable when DJing, therefore alot of people prefer them. Also less driver hassles, etc etc.

But a good PC set up correctly can work, i'd check out wazzas thread about setting up PC for DJing / production:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5026

This was brought up in another thread recently too, not sure which one though.

I was using a shitty acer emachine that I got for like $300 for gigs. Lets just say it was a pos and cut out on me a few times during gigs. So i ended up buying a mac, it's amazing for dj'ing and live audio production.... Never any problems.

I'm sure if you buy a decent pc though and take the necessary precautions and prepare it for live audio it will be fine though.

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to be getting an hp i7 3ghz quad 4gb ram for tafe so that should be enough

will do a duel boot system so when you start up you choose between two windows 7's, one will be for dj'ing with all un-nessasary processes stopped

other will be for everything else

will get a separate mac eventually