Back in th mix 3 years on and from vinyl to digital

Dragon

Hey guys,

Just thought i'd post my experience of being back in the mix. So from my previous posts you may know i mixed for 6years in the uk. All spectrums of house and trance and never touched on the mobile spectrum of commercial tracks. My setup then were 2 technics 1210s and a cdj1000 with an xone 92. Very good. So it was a joint party and i dabbled using a hercules controller and virtual dj on a pc.

It was different, syncing at the touch of a button was strange, and felt like cheating! Plus we were using commercial chart stuff, so from long slow blends to cut and drops was also uncomfortable! The weirdest thing was not being familir with the tracks. However one thing i hated was requests and those people who think they know their stuff - request of the night: can you chang the tempo, just for five minutes. Beautiful.

Cheers.

Yeah, it was interesting. It was great but the techniques were so different! I think the main issue was not knowing the tracks on the playlist. O'm getting a macbook pro and a denon 6000 controller as i may get some cdjs also. 3decks can be fun to play with. Always had respect for mobile djs as it must be hard dealing with requests or asking to change the tempo for five minutes!