Fruity Loops on Mac OSX

Tomy

Can't see this getting to a stable state (at least for a long time).

Every single plugin and variation in setup needs to be tested on a case by case basis, as it is effectively the windows version just in a wrapper, not rewritten natively for mac. It isn't been done by FL themselves (from what i can see).

Still cool to see people are trying to make it work though

Yer its called crossover, they are using that as a base for this, and repackaging it/ customizing it specifically for FL, embedding it in the installer.

Wine and crossover aren't too stable though. Tested myself with some 'fully supported' programs, didnt work too well.

this is what they've said.

"We have been working with CodeWeavers for the past year or so in developing a special version of FL Studio that runs in a customized Crossover wrapper (a Windows emulator/wrapper). This means that you DON’T need anything else (like a Windows installation, Boot Camp or CrossOver) to run FL Studio on Mac OSX. Just install FL Studio using the supplied .dmg and away you go!"

• 2 weeks later...

so basically they are saying they are saying FL will work fine and everything included in it on mac, they just cant vouch that any VST till will work.

but if you get the mac versions of VST's all good??

am i right?

sorry if i'm completely missing the point.

No I think you'd need *windows* versions of VST's as the software is basically run inside a windows wrapping, so it thinks it's being run on windows.

So then all plugins would need to be win compatible to be recognised in the software.

Edit: only just realised I had mac not windows written there.