anyone own/used reloops?

Gandy

so i was humouring the thought of buying another setup for xmas, or early next year and came across this package.

my criteria:

cdjs platter size = cdj 850/900/2000s

or

controller with platter size = cdj 850/900/2000s (dont think there are any)

4chan mixer with individual volume faders and led displays and master vol fader

value for money

been hearing a lot about reloops being good bang for buck so had a search on storedj, no luck, thought id try djwarehouse and came across this little gem, like it was meant to be

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/reloop-rm ... -pack.html

anyone own/used/experience reloops, and has anyone used their mixer

i own a reloop iq2, and have used some reloop cdj's and a rmx 30 twice.

first up reloop iq2 (which i know is not in the pack but might give you an insight on their quality). the sound on this is very good. ive never had it attached to a PA, but have it attached to a technics mini system. i have read very nice reviews on their sound output and filters.

the faders are smooth as fark, especially the cross fader which is the best fader i have ever used (this is versus djm600, the behringer which looks like a djm700, stanton SA3, and the rmx30).

the rmx30 (which i think is a cut down of the rmx40 sans the effects), is a very solid mixer. unfortunately cant comment on the sound as was only playing thru a guitar amp, but faders again are very smooth. has nice spacing. and knobs are nice.

i cant remember if the cdj's were rmp1's or rmp2's; but either way my lack of knowledge with how to use cdj's (i never even figured out how to not use the autocue) i cant really give much critique

hope thats some help.

pretty much sums up what ive read elsewhere, everyone seems to say they are high quality/good price but no one i know achally owns them :S

id love some tts but never used them before dont wanna lay down 2g on something ive never used and probably shit with

Which one is in melb? Dj warehouse? Anyway yeah you can usually make them move on price.

My bro bought a pack for his kidd, and he got the price down and they chucked in the rmx30 because they didnt have any rmx20s at the melb shop and he indicated he was keen but had to be that day.

In terms of your tt comment, wasnt someone selling techies for like 1K, though shipping might rip you another rectum. But yeah i guess itll be kind of a new learning curve, but really only in terms of cuing up and releasing, pitch control is the same. albeit if you want to start again theres no cue button you gotta roll the record back, but you get used to it. See if you can play around with a set.

In terms of your tt comment, wasnt someone selling techies for like 1K, though shipping might rip you another rectum. But yeah i guess itll be kind of a new learning curve, but really only in terms of cuing up and releasing, pitch control is the same. albeit if you want to start again theres no cue button you gotta roll the record back, but you get used to it. See if you can play around with a set.

no cue button would spin me out lol, would be pretty cool to learn the art

Do you not know anyone that has some you can get a shot of?

I woul dsay it's worth it but that's the only way I've ever played so it's a pretty biased opinion. Be good to have a shot and see if you like it. i did the same with CDJ's and hated them so was glad I didnt just fork out the money on them.

Do you not know anyone that has some you can get a shot of?

I woul dsay it's worth it but that's the only way I've ever played so it's a pretty biased opinion. Be good to have a shot and see if you like it. i did the same with CDJ's and hated them so was glad I didnt just fork out the money on them.

unfortunately i come from a regional town that seems to be the sesspool breedding pit for all the bogans of australia. Im lucky there is running water here

I've owned RMP2's for a year now and they've been great to learn on, they have good effects and heaps of features. The weightless platters are a little bit off putting for me but you get used to it, it's sort of grown on me but then again, it's all i know :P The scratching on it is gay because of the "weightlessness" of the platters ( If you spin them hard they will just keep spinning for ages whereas pioneers for example will stop after a few spins) so when you try to scratch it is hard to move it backwards and forwards quickly because the actual physical weight of the platters makes it hard because of the momentum....does that make sense? The cue and play buttons on them are notoriously weak, i always pressed them lightly for this reason and both the cue buttons still broke, they broke after about 7 months. The RMP3's are obviously the best choice having midi control and stuff but other than that i think they're relatively the same from what i remember. They are definately good for the price, i don't regret buying them at all, i haven't had any experience with their mixers so i can't comment on that. If you're anywhere near south brisbane you can come have a spin if you want :)

I've heard alot of good things about the rmp3's

They look fantastic though IMO, usb midi, loops and hot cues (with software), large jog wheels

Accept for the better screen and wave form display, there a fairly strong competitor to the 900's.

and if you want a controller with big jog wheels, I can only thing of the ns7, which is quite an investment

Edit: Just remembered about the ns6, id defiantly conciser it if you decide on a controler.

Oh yeah, the reloops have hot cues and sample banks too which is a pretty damn cool thing to have. I don't use them cause i'm just not that far ahead yet but they are still a cool feature to have. You can set the samples to play on a loop when you press the button, a one shot or it hot cues to that point all with one button depending on how many times you press it. You gotta know which selection is which though. Been playing a good set at home a few times and gone for a one shot sample and it hot cued to that track :P The only downside is you have to have the cd that you got the sample or whatever from in the deck at the time to use it. It says there's a way to save up to 500 samples or something to use without the cd in but i can't figure out how to do it.