Dicers for loading in traktor

SolDios

Hey guys, my new road case leaves no room for an x1, and if I where to get one it would sit awkwardly on the side outside the case.

So I've been thinking about an alternative, and Dicers have come to mind (Thanks Lurk6r), if mapped to Traktor, I could use them for all kinds of effects as well as loading tracks.

Their also nice and compact, and I just spotted this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOVATION-DIC ... 500wt_1287

Could be a nice alternative, and if I where to bring them to a club (If I was using time code) they would fit in nicely. (I spose the x1 is the same)

So what im asking is this essentially this

Should I:

A. Get an x1 and just leave it on the side

B. Go with dicers, and have a nice alternative

(I know I seem to make a thread about (X vs Y) every week but yeh, a second opinion is really what im after)

Get whatever you think will work better for your needs.

X1 has more buttons and controls, but is more expensive.

Dicers are smaller, but have less buttons, so less control over what your doing. From what i have seen, they are good for loops and hot cues.

Never used either myself though.

If your going to be using it to load tracks, i'd be inclined to go the x1 as it has the 4 rotational scrolling dials, which would be better for looking through tracks than 5 buttons

How many times have you wanted to map some form of midi to control Traktor?

Seriously man buy an X1, plug it in and be done with it. Sit the X1 outside of the road case, also if you buy the case for the X1 it will raise it up a fair bit.

You have Traktor, X1 is designed to be used with Traktor. Nuff said

/THREAD

Get whatever you think will work better for your needs.

X1 has more buttons and controls, but is more expensive.

Dicers are smaller, but have less buttons, so less control over what your doing. From what i have seen, they are good for loops and hot cues.

Never used either myself though.

If your going to be using it to load tracks, i'd be inclined to go the x1 as it has the 4 rotational scrolling dials, which would be better for looking through tracks than 5 buttons

How many times have you wanted to map some form of midi to control Traktor?

Seriously man buy an X1, plug it in and be done with it. Sit the X1 outside of the road case, also if you buy the case for the X1 it will raise it up a fair bit.

You have Traktor, X1 is designed to be used with Traktor. Nuff said

/THREAD

lol thanks for saving me the typing

Lol.thank you.for saving me time to type.this

hey sol. maybe play for a few more months then decide.

after 2 months of having the gear, my missus at the time bought me an mpd because i thought i could map it for this that and the other.

sad to say it now gathers dust because in the end i didnt use anything that couldnt be mapped to a hot key.

if you decide with having a controller, and all you need is buttons then yeah dicers, or even a lpd8.

but cereally i suggest aiting at least 3 months where you are playing heaps.

I love my dicers with the midi on my ttm57 sl ,it's all I need for me ....but I also say that because your using traktor scratch it would be better to go for the x1 midi controller, just easier to plug & play than go though the pain in the ass off midi mapping

i know that was just for laffs mitch. but i disagree.

if all you want is to add hot cues and transport, have no use for knobs or faders, i dont see why the dicers wouldn't do. and they are nice and small and seem to fit with sol's road case.

at the sametime too, @sol why do you need a midi controller? that will give you the answer you need. because you may not even need anything!!! or maybe dicers won't even suit. and so on.

The reason im after a midi controller is because of the current traktor bugs, and just making it easier to use in general.

That way if I need to reload a song because of a stupid bug, I can just quickly press a button, rather than dragging and dropping it back on.

Why not just map two keyboard buttons to load the two decks.

The reason for buying hardware shouldn't be to work around a bug in the software your using.

Downgrade to a lower version, even if it doesn't have multi core support, the software should still run. Just get it working with no bugs first

Why not just map two keyboard buttons to load the two decks.

The reason for buying hardware shouldn't be to work around a bug in the software your using.

Downgrade to a lower version, even if it doesn't have multi core support, the software should still run. Just get it working with no bugs first

Just back dated to 1.2.7 (The only other version that supports the audio 6)

no luck...

I also want the audio 6 to let me take hold of all the other fetures of traktor such as manual faders, beat mashers, samplers and cue points.

the default is already just ctrl+lft arrow (for deck a); or ctrl+right arrow(for deck B). pretty easy, and from where it is on the keyboard you just need one hand.

Exactly what I was going to say. Scroll to the track and hit the shortcut.

In saying that the X1 doesn make it a little easier to load tracks as you dont actually have to go near the laptop. This is handy if your playing somewhere that doesn't allow your laptop to sit in a particularly great position (I've played a few). I still haven't bought one myself right enough.