"Mashup" - New Software By Mixed In Key

Mitch

Mixed In Key has released a new piece of software, called "Mashup" to a public beta, currently available to Mixed In Key 5 Customers.

Taken from site:

screenshot1.jpg

Create Your Own Mashups

We had a simple idea. We wanted to create our mashups in 5 minutes or less, but there was no software to make it easy.

Our new "Mashup" software helps you beatmatch tracks and render your mix to a new audio file. It uses Mixed In Key 5's patented algorithm to find 100% compatible tracks that will sound great together.

This is our new ultra-fast audio editor for Mac and Windows.

Our favorite features:

Precise beatmatching for your audio tracks

High, Mid and Low equalizer

Ability to edit volume envelopes quickly and easily

Full integration with Mixed In Key 5 - Mashup will load information from your "Browse Collection" window

If you are a MIK 5 customer, to download the beta for youself go to: http://mashup.mixedinkey.com/

no, it only processes wav and mp3, so you would have to record the external source to a wav, then process it through mixed in key.

they should add that feature... and give me kudos for the idea.

I don't see how that could be done, if it's plugged in via a mic port, how can it analyse a signal it hasn't received yet (to see the waveform before it's played)

Also, why would you want to, it would mean you would have to start the external source at the same time to preview your song.

It seems very impractical.

I don't see how that could be done, if it's plugged in via a mic port, how can it analyse a signal it hasn't received yet (to see the waveform before it's played)

Also, why would you want to, it would mean you would have to start the external source at the same time to preview your song.

It seems very impractical.

I've read this 3 times now and stil have no idea what you thought I meant. i do agree that whatever it is your on about sounds very impractical.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

here is how the first mix turned out, i havent played with it much, the beatmatching was SLIGHTLY off, i dunno how to change the gridding, or if it is even changeable, ill keep you guys updated but so far so good, dubstep isnt the easiest to mix either but i think it gridded it well enough, very user friendly program so far :)

So after having a good play with this, there are a few things I still think need some improvement

Pros:

- The harmonic percentage thing is great it and works spot on, even with acapellas and instrumentals

- nice and simple set out, and it allows you to easily cut songs in and out

- solo buttons are cool, and it also has a phaser built in which I think is for DIY acapellas?

-exports straight to mp3, AMD allows you to name the project and set tempo easily

Cons

- missing sooooo many things

- no custom beat gridding, but not only that, you can only chop within the set beatgrid... This can get annoying when you need to move stuff around

- no effects (deley, filter, echo etc...)

- no stretching or effecting bpm, its set at the automatic beatgrid

- no fades which means you gotta make an extra track and use a straight volume fade instead of the curve)

- its really hard to take part of a song from half way through and put it at the start, it doesn't like you doing this, so I had to cut and paste the song out of the way...

Don't get me wrong, it has potential, but for now, its just a toy for learning really....

I am going to keep delving in and see if maybe I just don't know how to get some of these features :)