DJ MIXING CHANGING BPM

jamez_96

hey guy just a stupid question but say if im mixing on decks and one track is 126bpm and the one i am wanting to mix in is 128bpm what would i do ?

because usually i just change it with the pitch control to get it up to 128 but something the song don't stay on beat is there a method to do this probably

Its all about practice man. the thread i posted goes over one way of beatmatching by ear.

Ellaskins on youtube is another good one to have a look at, but at the end of the day all comes down to practice.

When i was learning, i covered over the bpm and the pitch +/-% so i couldn't look at them, and learnt purely from listening through the headphones

Another sneaky trick is, if you have a track playing that is 126 bpm and the track you want to bring in is 128, wait until the break down of the currently playing track happens and nudge it to 128 ;). When nothing's going on and you change tempo no one notices, 2 bpm change is nothing really and still leaves you plenty of time to beat match as there is usually another couple of phrases left to go to beat match your next track

as mentioned before, what u need to do is 'beatmatch' the tracks

i highly recommend watching the ellaskins videos as others have recommended, particularily the one where he uses cars as an analogy for beatmatching

basically what could've happened in your case: track a is playing at 128. track b is at 126

trak b is playing... u drop track a and notice that it is playing slower..... u bump up the tempo so it matches the 128 of track a, but what u may not realise is that even though track a and b are now at the same speed, track b is still lagging behind, which will cause it to sound 'out'... this is fixed by nudging the platter in the required to direction

ellaskins video explains this in greater detail and more visually.. ill link it for you when i get home