MIK Platinum Notes.. $ well spent?

yizzle

So if anyone owns MIK's Platinum Notes i was curious what your take on it is. I was thinking about dropping a few well earned $$ into the prog. I personally dont know anyone that owns it locally, so i would like some feedback from some guys that have it. I see its running for about $100 at the moment. I purchased Mixed In Key a few months ago and would only recommend it. awesome prog... anyway...

After looking at their page there is one main thing that i am really wondering about...

Platinum Notes uses studio filters to process your files. It corrects pitch, improves volume, and makes every file ready to be played everywhere ...

As highlighted, should i be rightfully worried about this prog "correcting pitch" or is this something i dont understand.

Cause if you download a 320 song (for eg) off the net from a respected artist & label etc... isnt the pitch right where it should be? or does it need tweaking. AND if you tweak it through MIK PN for a set your doing one weekend, does it fuck up the pitch "correctness" for another set next weekend.

Hope my Q & ignorance makes sense.

I own the program, and I find it good.

Having a standard volume across all my tracks just makes for much smoother mixing then trying to adjust your gains every track to compensate for different volumes tracks have been mastered at. This is the main reason I bought it, and does it fairly well.

The songs also tend to sound that little bit better, as it removes clipped peaks from tracks, as most often tracks are mastered too loud.

As for your concerns, the pitch correctness feature isn't trying to change the pitch of the song, it is when the producer has written a song and it it might be a bit out of key, so platinum notes just adjusts the pitch so it is exactly in a key, it doesn't actually change the key of the song.

Hope this clears it up for you :)

• 2 months later...

Alright so i've been running Platinum notes all night and i thought up an idea which im currently doing

Im doing this to burn CDs

Phase 1: Place all songs in folders specific on genre in itunes

Phase 2: Plug in an external hard drive and create a folder called Platinum Notes with sub-folders in the folder named after your genre playlists in itunes eg. (External Hard Drive>Platinum Notes Files>Complextro).

Phase 3: Start by processing each playlist individually and selecting the target folder to correspond with the playlist you are processing eg. (Output Folder: Mac>LeGunner>Hard Drive>Platinum Notes Files>Complextro)

Phase 4: Repeat for all genres

KEEP READING IF YOU HAVE MIXED IN KEY

Phase 5: Highlight all files on the hard drive folder Platinum Notes Files

Phase 6: Run through Mixed in Key

Phase 7: ???

Phase 8: PROFIT

There i jsut gave you helpful advice and managed to troll at the same time