DJ Tags/Name Drops

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get or create DJ name tags.

Ive heard mixtape DJs and even some club DJ's have name drops at the beginning or during their set.

Vocals of any sort eg male/female/different accents etc

I currently use a Macbook so i know i could create my own in garage band (and I could do my best impersonation of a chicks voice) but i want something a bit more legit and professional.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You'll get a few more replies if you have a bit of patience.

Most Friday nights everyone is either at a club or DJ'ing at a club so it's a bit quiet

Will probs be some more replies later tonight, at the very latest tomorrow

could u try one of those automated text-to-voice programs that are on the nat

it depends on what type of effect your after, but if ur after a real robotic, automated sound, it could sound alright

have u tried getting a female friend to record vocals for u?

Hey Matty

I havent tried the text to vocal yet but i will give it a try! Im sure i could find something i may be able to use.

Most of my chick mates sound a bit funny on the microphone. They sound like they are about 10 years old (which they aren't haha).

I might have to try and layer my vocals in garageband...add some reverb/effects and panning but i really wanted that pro sound you hear on the mixtapes and in clubs

Ive been lookin int I the text to voice thing a bit, def wanna get it for the mix tapes, I actually used the Mac speech setting when streaming to a party that alexj was hosting on friday night on the other side of the country, only reason I did it was cause it was the end of a 2hr set and I didn't have a mic handy to say

"thanks for listenin, my name is defkon, representing ADJF for life, I now hand it over to your host alexj, peace out mother fuckers"

Gotta admit to sounded tacky as fuck but was soo hilarious :P

Haha thanks guys

I dont DJ in clubs myself I mainly would be using it for the mixtape stuff =)

Ill give your recommendations a crack and see what works best. I got a few off youtube to use on my last mixtape but wanted to get a bit more personalised with it. Didnt get any luck with radiodaddy.com so I might see if twitter can get me anything.

Thanks again guys appreciate your input.