900s or 1000s?

bend

oh russ, c'mon man...

Devolution of music standards?

its all just people's tastes mate... and everyone has different tastes...

man I don't enjoy a lot that you throw into TOTD, but I respect your tastes and would never flame you for it...

Just ease up yeah?

I never said anything about anyones taste in music. Or even mentioned a genre. With technical advances anyond can make tunes these days and release their own material. There is so much shit to trawl througj to find the good.

That is the devolution of quality. That and mp3`s

It goes in waves mate in regards to technology, as internet gets faster and storage gets larger/cheaper, better and larger file types will become popular.

MP3 whilst not great was the most balanced file type when people moved towards digital music.

While it loses quality the physical and practicality of mp3 on cds and usb far outweighs the quality of vinyl especially for club djs.

Think you have been very biased and pretty wrong with alot youve said on here mate.

You gone on about how vinyl doesnt have those problems, i forever seen djs with needle/catrudge problems/being dirty etc, earth cables becoming lose or breaking, djs forever putting the jacks in the line/cd inputs and thats all before you touch serato and other dvs system, which i can safely say are far more troublesome than cd/usb.

Turntables not reading the timecode, computer/audio related issues, fucking up change over, setting up serato incorrectly and the stress and bullshit that goes along with setting up the serato in dark and cramped booths.

Alot of club djs already use wav files and other high quality files hopefully more move towards it so the sound quality debate can be finally dropped.

Think you have been very biased and pretty wrong with alot youve said on here mate.

You gone on about how vinyl doesnt have those problems, i forever seen djs with needle/catrudge problems/being dirty etc, earth cables becoming lose or breaking, djs forever putting the jacks in the line/cd inputs and thats all before you touch serato and other dvs system, which i can safely say are far more troublesome than cd/usb.

What have I said that was wrong? I didn't list the problems that can occur when using usb etc.

As for the list of problems you've mentioned there fore vinyl... I always carry spare cartridges with me, never had to change one during a gig in 10 years (bare in mind I use my own anyway so I know they are in good condition).

Earthing cables shouldn't really come loose. If they did then it's down to human error in not setting it up properly. Once it's screwed in it won't come out.

As for DJ's puttin jacks in the line/cd inputs... Well that should really be done before a night opens so i don't know how that would have any bearing on the music during the event. And again, it's not difficult to see what inputs are for what anyway.

Alot of club djs already use wav files and other high quality files hopefully more move towards it so the sound quality debate can be finally dropped.

:thumright:

Turntables not reading the timecode, computer/audio related issues, fucking up change over, setting up serato incorrectly and the stress and bullshit that goes along with setting up the serato in dark and cramped booths.

Yip i've seen some of this happen. Again... more problems not brought up by me against technological advances. I use TSP and vinyl together. Luckily I've never had any problems with TSP or my timecode vinyl and i'll always have vinyl to hand just in case anyway.

I'm speaking from my experience of DJ'ing from before everyone was using CDJ's and then laptops and now usb's/controllers etc.

What have I said that was wrong? I didn't list the problems that can occur when using usb etc.

As for the list of problems you've mentioned there fore vinyl... I always carry spare cartridges with me, never had to change one during a gig in 10 years (bare in mind I use my own anyway so I know they are in good condition).

Earthing cables shouldn't really come loose. If they did then it's down to human error in not setting it up properly. Once it's screwed in it won't come out.

As for DJ's puttin jacks in the line/cd inputs... Well that should really be done before a night opens so i don't know how that would have any bearing on the music during the event. And again, it's not difficult to see what inputs are for what anyway.

:thumright:

Yip i've seen some of this happen. Again... more problems not brought up by me against technological advances. I use TSP and vinyl together. Luckily I've never had any problems with TSP or my timecode vinyl and i'll always have vinyl to hand just in case anyway.

I'm speaking from my experience of DJ'ing from before everyone was using CDJ's and then laptops and now usb's/controllers etc.

Yeah all good man was just getting the vinyl supremacy vibe and i was tired lol sorry if i came across aggressive.

You would be great to handle in a club where i used to work some of the morons that would rock up with crap condition gear and equally poor attitudes was astounding.

In that regards i feel vinyl requires a sensible and attentive dj, i do feel cdj is a bit more idiot friendly.

But still end of the day they all have their problems, i am still adjusting to the move to usb, having felt link was not overly reliable and now seeing heaps of pros say the same it has been very reliable with a usb in each deck, the only issue is some files cause freezes which is solved with a restart of the player.

• 2 months later...
@op, your statement is correct.

900s have USB. They also have dj link, so you can them them up using cables and record box. 900s lack hot cues, as you said.

1000s have hot cues, but lack many features of the 900s.

The 900s are a much better unit

Who the fuck designs this shit. Fucking reloop rmp3's have usb, hotcues, hotloops and a fucking sampler for fucks sake. Why does pioneer have to be such a whale about features....

This is an odl thread but since its been revived ill chuck in my 2 cents

personally.. i would go with the 1000s mainly because of the hot cues

the USB compadibilty of hte 900s makes things more convinient, but if you dont mind burning the CDs (which i dont) then i gotta give my vote to the 1000s (pretty much purely because of the hot cues)

This is an odl thread but since its been revived ill chuck in my 2 cents

personally.. i would go with the 1000s mainly because of the hot cues

the USB compadibilty of hte 900s makes things more convinient, but if you dont mind burning the CDs (which i dont) then i gotta give my vote to the 1000s (pretty much purely because of the hot cues)

Yeah having used both the 1000's are still a better unit over all, jog, buttons and hot cues.

The screens is a bit better on the 900 and personally for me usb wins it for the 900s.