900s or 1000s?

bend

Looking into buying either a set of 900s or 1000s. Am I correct in saying 900s lack hot cues but are USB compatible and that 1000s have hot cues but are not USB compatible? Basically just after the major differences between the two and what I should lean towards buying.

Cheers

@op, your statement is correct.

900s have USB. They also have dj link, so you can them them up using cables and record box. 900s lack hot cues, as you said.

1000s have hot cues, but lack many features of the 900s.

The 900s are a much better unit

The 1000s are quicker, adjustable jog, more accuracy in the pitch from memory, i think the waveform on the 1000 is better as well.

End if the day its all about if you are going to use usb or cd, 900s are still very solid, thats what i have at home, but the 1ks are better with cds.

The 1000s are quicker, adjustable jog, more accuracy in the pitch from memory, i think the waveform on the 1000 is better as well.

End if the day its all about if you are going to use usb or cd, 900s are still very solid, thats what i have at home, but the 1ks are better with cds.

Where r u getting this information? I know for a fact 900's load faster using both models side by side, and I don't have numbers on the pitch but I highly doubt pioneer would put something shitter in a much much newer system...

The 1000s and 800s load cds alot quicker than the newer models 100% there even is stats and comparisons out there if you look it up, and i agree with the pitch accuracy but the 1k was the top model like the 2000 im sure they have 0.01 accuracy whereas the 9s are 0.05 or something you should be able to find that too

even saying that you should have at least 3 USB's man, say you got a gig at a club with 2 CDJ's, say 850's, (or even 900's and 2000's that arent linked via HUD) and you only have 2 usb's and 1 USB Dies which can happen, then your stuck with 1 USB and no way to link the decks, you can pull the USB out of deck 1 to put into deck 2 or it will stop the music on deck 1

thats when backup USB number 3 jumps in

even saying that you should have at least 3 USB's man, say you got a gig at a club with 2 CDJ's, say 850's, (or even 900's and 2000's that arent linked via HUD) and you only have 2 usb's and 1 USB Dies which can happen, then your stuck with 1 USB and no way to link the decks, you can pull the USB out of deck 1 to put into deck 2 or it will stop the music on deck 1

thats when backup USB number 3 jumps in

pah, these problems never happen with vinyl. :roll:

^ This infuriates me, every medium has it's fault

Vinyl skips

cd's stutter

laptops crash

Fact o life

Ok... Vinyl skips. It's still not got the problems listed above using usb's, cable links etc...

And to be honest a vinyl will only skip if you don't look after them and it's scratched. And a little skip of a needle doesn't stop the music. Laptops/usb's crashing = silence. fact.

CD's are good too as long as they're looked after and covered with shit or scratched to fuck. Again, if this were so you wouldn't play them out anyway.....